Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my one gal bags today and set my 4x4x4in gro blocks on Humboldt king mix...it will feed for 3weeks...
20230501_142459.jpg
20230501_142507.jpg
20230501_135646.jpg
20230501_134336.jpg
20230501_142333.jpg
20230501_142339.jpg

Yeah I saw that starting to think this is @Son of Hobbes with the 420 prizes raffles seemed hit or miss :shrug: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: View attachment 1589108
I have no doubt that we will receive something. It’s a matter of when. Figured the end was yesterday and winners would be announced then but yesterdaze gone, yesterdaze gone. So don’t stop thinkin bout tomorrow… damn, broke into song… lol but seriously. I think it’ll happen. I’ll wait another day then we can collectively give @Son of Hobbes a nudge.

I have no doubt that we will receive something. It’s a matter of when. Figured the end was yesterday and winners would be announced then but yesterdaze gone, yesterdaze gone. So don’t stop thinkin bout tomorrow… damn, broke into song… lol but seriously. I think it’ll happen. I’ll wait another day then we can collectively give @Son of Hobbes a nudge.
Oh I am sure we will get some good prizes too just giving him a hard time :vibe::pighug:

How all, back with more questions about growing in Coco/Perlite. I’ve spent some time at Coco for Cannabis thanks for that referral. Their feeding chart below is for photos, can it be used for auto’s as is or do I need to reduce the amounts across the board for amounts and ec? Thanks
IMG_0548.jpeg

Oh I am sure we will get some good prizes too just giving him a hard time :vibe::pighug:
Same, I’ve tagged him in posts about this 2 times today. Lol nudge nudge. Maybe us waiting will be like the Ellen show 12 days of Christmas… we will get one of every prize from the whole 420 celebration! Prob not though

How all, back with more questions about growing in Coco/Perlite. I’ve spent some time at Coco for Cannabis thanks for that referral. Their feeding chart below is for photos, can it be used for auto’s as is or do I need to reduce the amounts across the board for amounts and ec? Thanks
View attachment 1589125
Let’s see what others say but I would say yes just dilute the full strength mix back to 600-700ppm max 300-500 during veg

View attachment 1589125
That looks ok for autos based on the Hanna 500 scale for PPM. Just keep an eye on the plants to see if they start to show too much N. I am not a big fan of sterile grows and would leave out the Hydrogen Peroxide.

View attachment 1589125

I'm sorry, but just based on personal experience, I completely disagree with most of this chart.

Why would you hold off on giving silica? Silica is to help plant health and growth by providing what it needs for strong cell walls. Not only that, you want that early AND you want it late when the flowers are growing.

I also do not believe in modifying your 3 main nutrients (micro, gro, bloom) throughout the grow. The Phosphorus in the bloom nutrient is not just needed during bloom, its required for strong root growth. When do you want strong root growth? The entire time the plant is growing!

Absolutely start with a more dilute nutrient solution so you don't fry the plant, but you are not going to hurt it by there being more phosphorus than it needs. It just won't use it. Obviously to an extent, don't cause a lockout.

I also think additive nutrients like Koolbloom are stupid. Its just boosting the phosphorus. Why is whoever doing this chart doing that AND also messing with the amount of bloom nutrient? Either koolbloom gives the boost you need...or why are you using it?

I'm sure I'm going to get some hate for this, but this whole chart reads like a bunch of woo woo science BS to me. I would put my time and energy into better lighting and quality nutrients and grow medium. I've seen plenty of weed grown with masterblend that costs 3 cents a gallon. If you're feeling really froggy, add some silica, and maybe something that actually helps the plants absorb nutrients, like humic acid.

Edit - What I am trying to say is, I think there are too many variables changing throughout this chart. I do not feel that it was adequately tested for. Rather it was just someone that thinks they can think like a pot plant that came up with a feed chart, tried it out, and of course it works because it feeds the plant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back