Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
occasional bunny :mrgreen:
If I hadn’t of had dude on a leash this morning, he would’ve fallen off a cliff trying to chase a rabbit. He wants one so bad. They know to run directly at a cliff and turn at the last second……he’s not a Ferrari dog :rofl::rofl::rofl:

More like the thing that’s gonna help me live….. I got my blood work done after doing the recommended renal diet, and it fucking tanked not only my kidney function, but a few other things went the wrong way as well. Decided to stop taking my FAT nutritionists advice and start figuring some shit out myself. Looked at a lot of options, and landed on keto….and quickly switched to full carnivore.

First thing I noticed was a drastic reduction in pain… pretty sure the renal diet is pro inflammatory. All my issues increased over those few months….mental health included.

Been trying this out, again ( been on a form of this in the past…but not strict) for over a week now….it’s still early, but I have been feeling about 1000x better. Plus, my kidney pain stopped. The last week I was on the other diet, it felt like I was wearing one of those WWF wrestling belts, but mine was made of pain. Gone. Protein in my urine….gone. Blood in my urine, gone. Interesting for sure…. I’m giving this until the 25th of September….then I’ll make a decision on weather this is how I eat from here on out. I’ll get labs done too. If the way I’ve been feeling is any indication…..I’m sticking with it.
I am on keto for diabetes, and have been for years. It keeps my glucose under control, and causes no side effects that I am aware of.

Keep in mind that you need to replace carbs with fats, not protein. You do not want excess protein, just severely limited carbs. If you end up burning protein for energy, that could as I understand it overwork your kidneys, and may generate enough glucose to kick you out of nutritional ketosis.

Another head's up is that you will need more salt than you think, and will likely need Magnesium supplements to avoid muscle cramping.

PM me if you want to yak about this. Good luck with it. :pighug:

If I hadn’t of had dude on a leash this morning, he would’ve fallen off a cliff trying to chase a rabbit. He wants one so bad. They know to run directly at a cliff and turn at the last second……he’s not a Ferrari dog :rofl::rofl::rofl:

well, thankfully, we don't have any cliffz around here, lol....given enuff lead time, Gracie can catch a squirrel, but as far as bunniez, she triez like hell, but they've alwayz been jus plain too fast for her :rofl: ppp

Well your from California so I'm not surprised most things are bad there :pighug::crying::crying::crying::crying:
Well ya see the funny thing is.. "country rap" isn't even a thing here. Country itself isn't really that big out here. But if you listen to country music out here, might as well just paint your face like a juggalo cause that's how it's seen here.. more of a joke than anything. Now I'm sure there are places where country music is literally cooler than cool but southern California is not one of em. :rofl: :rofl:

I am on keto for diabetes, and have been for years. It keeps my glucose under control, and causes no side effects that I am aware of.

Keep in mind that you need to replace carbs with fats, not protein. You do not want excess protein, just severely limited carbs. If you end up burning protein for energy, that could as I understand it overwork your kidneys, and may generate enough glucose to kick you out of nutritional ketosis.

Another head's up is that you will need more salt than you think, and will likely need Magnesium supplements to avoid muscle cramping.

PM me if you want to yak about this. Good luck with it. :pighug:
Yep…thanks my friend…this is my second or third time on the diet over the years. I’m fat adapted, and was able to get back into ketosis fairly quickly, with very few carb withdrawal side effects. The bulk of my meat comes from ribeyes, with butter and lotsa salt…. And usually have a chicken leg/thigh quarter with it…skin and all. Breakfast is usually 4 eggs and some kinda fatty meat. I also drink homemade bone broth every day for the collagen. I take epsom salt baths three days a week and that seems to be a decent source of magnesium….assuming transdermal and dietary magnesium are the same. I suppose I oughta look into that.

Any way….thanks for the advice my friend, I do appreciate it. :d5: :pass:

I have to let my baby @Mrs.InkAddict take a nap....she needs the rest for the baby...I try to help as much as possible around the house and with the kids while she rests...I love this women and the child inside her....also all of AFN....
Thanks babe I’m never one to nap but this baby has me exhausted. I love you too and I know our baby loves their daddy too 😘 I appreciate you letting me sleep , taking care of the girls and house. You’re making me cry too by the way …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back