Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried that with my portable AC unit like yours 8000 BTU and after a couple hours of running the cord was roasting hot and it tripped the breaker.. That's why AC unit have those tags on the cord telling you NOT to use with extension cords you can get away with it if it's a heavy short cord but the longer the cord is the worse the effect will be.. Best to get someone in there that knows electrical for the long term
And i never said run the ac with that i just said use cord to plug into different outlet on a different breaker to see if it threw it so he knew if unit was bad!

I was wrong it is a 13000 btu but the amperage does coincide drawing 12.5amps :thumbsup::toke:
View attachment 1607636
Ya my floor unit is like 12,000 and it draws 11.5! Good thing works much better cuz on auto doesn’t run near as much as window unit did!

1687722834790.gif

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

And i never said run the ac with that i just said use cord to plug into different outlet on a different breaker to see if it threw it so he knew if unit was bad!

Yeah i know I just wanted it put there cause you know stoners

Ya my floor unit is like 12,000 and it draws 11.5! Good thing works much better cuz on auto doesn’t run near as much as window unit did!

:woohoo1: Still got to watch what's on the circuit for when it is running but your shit ain't tripping so disregard :toke::doh::deadhorse:

I tried that with my portable AC unit like yours 8000 BTU and after a couple hours of running the cord was roasting hot and it tripped the breaker.. That's why AC unit have those tags on the cord telling you NOT to use with extension cords you can get away with it if it's a heavy short cord but the longer the cord is the worse the effect will be.. Best to get someone in there that knows electrical for the long term
I will...I got heavy duty extension cords....and went and bought everything heavyduty
Each AC needs its own 20A dedicated homerun breaker.
I just did that ran 2 small ac units to one 20 amp and my big tent and big ac to a 20amp....it hast blown yet....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back