Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl:But it doesn’t if you unplug the ac? Did you try plugging in the ac to a different circuit? That should tell you if it’s the ac or the breakers..
Lmao i just said that…..5hrs behind u!

1687716285840.gif

That won’t be worth a damn bro! I had one bigger then that and couldn’t even keep my bedroom cool without running nonstop! U need a bigger 1 for sure! Just get a good energy smart one like the U shaped one previously mentioned!

That won’t be worth a damn bro! I had one bigger then that and couldn’t even keep my bedroom cool without running nonstop! U need a bigger 1 for sure! Just get a good energy smart one like the U shaped one previously mentioned!
It's got to be it cause the landlord said this has never happened and they had 3 in the past... people that were there last....

I betting that’s cause the AC unit has a ton of draw so anything else on the circuit is too much look at the sticker on the unit it should tell you the amperage draw
Lmao if he is in a second floor apartment that may be difficult being on outside of unit! ;)

Easy solution is use an extension cord and put the ac on a different breaker and see what it does! ;)
I tried that with my portable AC unit like yours 8000 BTU and after a couple hours of running the cord was roasting hot and it tripped the breaker.. That's why AC unit have those tags on the cord telling you NOT to use with extension cords you can get away with it if it's a heavy short cord but the longer the cord is the worse the effect will be.. Best to get someone in there that knows electrical for the long term

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back