Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Electric just came back on...no issues now...the neighbors were having similar problems with their breaker the last week... so it wasn't the place it was the transformer....

Thanks for the reps buddy.. :pass:

I don’t think halon will work the way your hoping, reliably. Once the gas dissipates, a reflash is very likely…. Assuming your computer room is not air tight.
No that is not how I use the hand held Halon, most PC fires start in the power supply. You simply remove the power (unplug it) and a couple of puffs through the fan vent will extinguish the fire. If it has a battery like a UPS you are not likely to put it out with a hand extinguisher of any type. That is why I carried the one that caught on fire out of the house and let it burn. The Halon leaves no residue so a new power supply and the PC is back to work. If the Processor is the source of the ignition then the plastic on the fans can get involved in the fire then you need to remove the power and grab the 10 BC extinguisher go in through all of the vents and fans and try not to make a mess in the office. Then all you have left is a boat anchor. I used to overclock a lot of cheap white boxes and they would pop the processors all the time but not start burning. I don't do that kind of work any more and you cannot even buy a Halon extinguisher nowadays. It is Halotron $$$$$ As long as this one does not lose pressure it is still good.

I had an automated Halon system on the server room where I was the Network Admin. If you were in there when it went off you would die if you didn't get out. There was never a fire when I was there, it was just insurance.

The Italian sausage sandwich was damn good, some of the peppers were hot so the fried peppers turned out a bit hot. I had Italian frying peppers from the farm market and some from my yard, mostly Pepperoncini but MS. MOG planted some varieties I don't know? Pan fried the Sourdough bread with butter, grated Pecorino Romano, Midnight Moon and Goat Cheddar cheese, Best Foods Mayo and my homemade Italian Chicken sausage.
IMG_20230624_144156479.jpgIMG_20230624_150953182.jpgIMG_20230624_170411430.jpgIMG_20230624_171003670.jpgIMG_20230624_171006519.jpgIMG_20230624_171153314.jpg

The Italian sausage sandwich was damn good, some of the peppers were hot so the fried peppers turned out a bit hot. I had Italian frying peppers from the farm market and some from my yard, mostly Pepperoncini but MS. MOG planted some varieties I don't know? Pan fried the Sourdough bread with butter, grated Pecorino Romano, Midnight Moon and Goat Cheddar cheese, Best Foods Mayo and my homemade Italian Chicken sausage.
View attachment 1607445View attachment 1607446View attachment 1607447View attachment 1607448View attachment 1607449View attachment 1607450
Looks excellent. Now hungry and in need of a snack at close to 3am here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back