Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been dying to have a Popeye's Chicken Sandwich ever since being diagnosed gluten intolerant. I have been seeing commercials for both Chic-filets and Popeyes lately. So I looked up a copycat recipe I am tweaking to be GF. I had to start with making buttermilk out of the goat milk by adding lemon juice. I ran out of lactic acid! Chicken is in the frig with a brine of buttermilk, salt, red pepper and MSG. The batter calls for self rising flour, I will use Bob's Red Mill GF pancake mix with a little extra baking powder and Xanthan Gum. I will take pictures.
Much prefer Popeyes to chick fil a :smokeit: I've tried making knockoff chick fil a with leftover pickle juice brine and it's pretty good though

AI Will.....cannabis is the cheapest medicine to keep the general population healthy ... AI won't have the ethical obections politicions have.....we'll probably be force fed it..........

The illegal side hussle will be Real Chips........... :biggrin: ...and chocolate........from your Dealer......

:aha:... I See it now........:crying:
But I bet it'll be brickweed Auntie..the cheapest fir the masses.

No I did not forget the pickles. I went a few places looking for (I think) these pickles but had no luck. I used to get them in the bars back in my drinking days. They are so big you almost never eat the whole thing but the Popeye's pickles taste just like I remember them.
2023-06-01_16-42-22.jpg

I got these that are good but not quite as sour. They will have to do.

IMG_20230601_163620975.jpg

Btw, the EMTs told her she was cute in it and got her to wear my floppy hat!
Is there a story behind the floppy hat? Ah, never mind. Saw the cancer part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back