Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
20220518_202648.jpg

and a flower for auntie @Mossy :biggrin: ppp

20220519_104817.jpg

Magic strain troubled grape has to be one of my favorite. Got that and jean o strawdawg at the moment. Trying twisted tree for the first time. I been running gear straight from the breeder but having recently discovered green grass, I see some barneys farm or maybe California genetics next run. I got some photos free off chuckers so I'm running his wedding cake.

Attachments

• 20220520_140105.jpg
    20220520_140105.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • 20220512_195900.jpg
    20220512_195900.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • 20220520_150037.jpg
    20220520_150037.jpg
    551.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220520_150035.jpg
    20220520_150035.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 20220520_150030.jpg
    20220520_150030.jpg
    867.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Ok I lied one more lol. No current pic cause I've not really done anything yet besides dig out the second red tip and the pictured azalea and its a mess currently, but this was last year's progress on the back yard. I've got a clear idea of what I want to do now so hopefully I will be able to keep things more organized in the garden this year. Hubby's already been briefed on the current plan. The garden ended up going absolutely crazy last year cause I just kind of stuck everything where ever there was space lol. Herbs are out front this year and I've got an idea of a layout for the veg. May or may not get around to putting raised beds up in time but I will be able to get it lined out the way I want at least. Took a few branches off the Japanese maple on Tuesday though, I've got a few more I want to take off cause it definitely got bigger from last year and is blocking out quite a bit of light.
20220520_210649.jpg

White area I'm planning on removing the soil I added last year and putting new gravel. Blue will be a rain barrel, since the gutter there has literally 2" of clearance between the end of it and the post of the neighbor's new fence. Its literally washing back towards the foundation (shocking lmfao) and a good 6" or so deep of the neighbor's slab is totally exposed there. There will be a trellis lining that that will go up and over for climbing veg (cukes and tomatoes most likely) to go in the green area. Hutch is gonna get gone and the rest of that side of the yard will be various other veg. The part of the yard directly behind the slab will likely be gravel, with beds along the fence line and directly under the tree for shade loving natives. Debating building a little cave of some kind for Molly in the corner between the fence and the tree so that she's got her own little hidey hole. As it is she likes to dig holes to lay in. Planning on doing container planted veg in the areas where the pavers don't cover the slab though I haven't decided 100% on my method for that yet. Easement is the same length (23'ish) as the yard though I've got no clue how deep it is. Last time I was out there (literally a year ago lol) I remember being surprised with how wide it actually is. You can't really see it at all from the house so I forget, I just remember it being bigger than I anticipated. Its between our fence and the fence lining the road and it looks super narrow but I know its well over 6' across, probably 10' or more. Plenty of space for squash/beans/corn if I use traditional Native American planting schematics.
20220520_211642.jpg

I'm just over here trying to homestead on the just under 1200'² of actual plantable ground we own :rofl:

This is the other part of the yard as of 3/2021, the dogs have damn near dug out the azalea closest in this pic, and I took out the one by the shed last year. That camellia, ugh. Probably going to bring the whole thing down to like 18" or so and let it come back on its own next year (much to my chagrin, I'd rather it be gone). Its currently covered in what I'm assuming is PM, as well as being heavily infested with some sort of pest, mealies or something. Hubby was like well why can't we just spray it with the insecticide stuff and I'm wondering if he realizes just how hard it is to get rid of an infestation THAT severe.
f_10364204_12.jpg

Added a boveda 62 pack to some already flavorful cured bud as they suggest on there site to keep humidity stable. They say it shields the terps and doesnt rob the smell and taste. But it stole the terps and now it taste and smell like freshly harvested buds. Took the humidity pack out and put it in another bag and the pack in the bag smells delicious like my buds did a day ago. Now they got that hay or grass smell and taste. Any way to fix the buds or are they fucked? Anyone else have this happen to them?
Grove bags

The good news is its a relatively small space to deal with... the bad news is that its still a metric crapton of work that needs to be done lol.

Thanks for the rep @WildBill! It's been an epic amount of work but its getting there lol. I'll be glad to get the last of the hardscaping done, everything else will be cake comparatively. And plus once the perennials are established it should be mostly hands off care wise besides the minimal upkeep involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back