Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
You AZ peeps and your "its a dry heat" mess lmfao
It really is true. I'll take 108*F in PHX over 92*F in DAL
IN THE SHADE!
If you have a bit of wind, you can be quite comfortable.

Now, monsoon season in the valley sucks major ass! It's waaaaaaay too much like deep jungle the way it feels.

65 and tornado warnings here today. Tornados are very rare here. Both days this weekend are supposed to set record high temps for May. Just a week ago it was too cold to even put plants outside :cuss: Seems like the whole planet is having crazy weather this week

Its so weird to me that people will literally stop when they're walking/driving by and I'm outside to tell me how much they like what I've done with the front so far and/or how refreshing it is to see someone do something so diametrically opposed to the rest of the landscaping (or lack there of) of our street/section of the neighborhood. Honestly I was just doing what made me happy and what I enjoyed the look of, I was really expecting people to hate it because it is a bit on the untidy/unruly side in comparison.

His step dad smashed his hands and wrists with a sledgehammer when he was 7 or 8, before CPS stepped in. So he does a good job, but his hands get achey and cramp up at times. I was tapping out at that point anyways cause it was hitting that point of "this no longer feels good" lol.
Sheeesh! I will never understand people that harm children.:grrr1:
It sure is one of my bad trigger points.

Its all either totally unkempt in a "we rent so why tf would we care?" kind of way, or perfectly manicured cookie cutter way. It was all originally landscaped the same way, so the only real difference is in if the bushes are trimmed and grass is mowed or not lol.

Sheeesh! I will never understand people that harm children.:grrr1:
It sure is one of my bad trigger points.
According to legend, the guy ended up left for dead in the desert after a thorough roughing up, so all's well that ends well I suppose. Don't smoke meth lmao.

Thanks for the rep @Frank the Dank! Should hopefully just get better over time too as things get more established. Especially in the bed we're doing Sunday! Still debating if I'm doing the daffodils in the bottom with the triangle bed or if I'll put them on the yard side at the sidewalk end. But the perennials will bulk up substantially over the next few years. Next year should be a spectacular show with it being second year growth for everything in that bed. Main front bed will be a mix of 2nd and 3rd year growth so it should be just as vigorous as this year and then some.

Asked hubby to rub my lower back last night and he gave up like a zomnut in, his hands were giving out. He didn't want to though, cause apparently my back felt like "crunchy popcorn" whatever that means
Highly recommend one of these things if you're back is good enough to get up and down from the floor
Screenshot_20220520-191006.png

It'll stretch it out pretty good.
Also like the massage balls for the muscles but they can leave you kinda bruised up

Its so weird to me that people will literally stop when they're walking/driving by and I'm outside to tell me how much they like what I've done with the front so far and/or how refreshing it is to see someone do something so diametrically opposed to the rest of the landscaping (or lack there of) of our street/section of the neighborhood. Honestly I was just doing what made me happy and what I enjoyed the look of, I was really expecting people to hate it because it is a bit on the untidy/unruly side in comparison.
The complements from neighbors always feel to me like they're just happy because you're raising their property values by a couple bucks. I'll always smile and gladly take the compliment though :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back