Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk why I spent so much time on Amazon looking when I could have asked here lmfao. Do any of you have any recommendations on good books for younger people pertaining to foraging for seeds or mushrooms or in general etc? We were talking about stuff and #3 went to close her closet when I asked her about some plastic egg cartons she had put in one of her cubbies. Apparently she's been teaching herself about collecting seeds for months. I asked if she was learning it at school or watching YouTube videos or what and she was like "no, just by checking to see if they have seeds in them or not" and so now I'm trying to find books about that sort of thing and I'm having trouble finding what I'm looking for without it either being major doom and gloom or witchcraft related lol. And everything I've found for kids is like super simplified information wise.
Seeds of the World may be a good start..
_20220515_164737.JPG

:d5:

Gutted for you @Fermented_Fruitz ...:doh:...I'd throw it..but I am Mold Phobic....:yoinks:...so get advice from someone other than me.....:biggrin:
It was 1 of those 2 tiny plants so not exactly like it’s a giant loss! I’d rather not ingest anything questionable even if it could be washed!

And..if they are Stoned...they don't run fast............... :crying:
Thanks for the rep earlier Auntie, much appreciated.

As to the slugs, the little bastards are even slower than I am, whether either of us is stoned or not. Even stoned, I can keep up. Even sober (for a slug) they can't escape. Usually. :crying:

I defeated the little bastards though, turns out that they will not climb over copper mesh. Handy that. :biggrin:

Lack of slugs is one of the reasons I grow indoors though, copper or no. :biggrin:

Idk why I spent so much time on Amazon looking when I could have asked here lmfao. Do any of you have any recommendations on good books for younger people pertaining to foraging for seeds or mushrooms or in general etc? We were talking about stuff and #3 went to close her closet when I asked her about some plastic egg cartons she had put in one of her cubbies. Apparently she's been teaching herself about collecting seeds for months. I asked if she was learning it at school or watching YouTube videos or what and she was like "no, just by checking to see if they have seeds in them or not" and so now I'm trying to find books about that sort of thing and I'm having trouble finding what I'm looking for without it either being major doom and gloom or witchcraft related lol. And everything I've found for kids is like super simplified information wise.
For mushrooms, there is nothing that even touches Dr. David Arora's books. The pocket guide is the best for the field, and if you or yours gets super keen, the Mushrooms Demystified tome is the best comprehensive guide that exists for North America.

Amazon.com : david arora all that the rain promises
Mushrooms Demystified: Arora, David: 9780898151695: Amazon.com: Books

Be warned, shrooming can be addictive, whether or not the results are magic. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back