Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
daily dose of vitamin E...:headbang: ppp

tenor.gif

Well, that went as well as you can expect 16 kids playing in dirt to go lmfao. Teacher was like "you know *the school's director* is always looking for volunteers to help with summer camps!" :face: I babysat/nannied for several years prior to having kids so I've got lots of practice in that but idk if I want to commit to dealing with all that and also I wouldn't really want to have to pay to bring my kids along lmao.

I brought along worms and we compared the soil/castings from my worm bin vs the surface dirt I dug up from where we were sitting, the kids very quickly noticed that the dirt I dug up was very dry and dusty feeling with nothing moving around in it, while the sample I brought from my bin was crumbly and moist (@420Forever) and crawling with soil mite and springtails and had worms from tiny babies up to big fat mature adults. The older group asked a lot of great questions about their life cycle and reproduction. The younger kids and boy group were mostly like herding cats trying to keep them focused on what we were doing. They all seemed to enjoy it though! Should have seen their faces when I explained what manure was lmao, but then I assured them it was composted (which led to a "what does that mean?" discussion of course) and showed them that it was basically just soil at that point. One of the girls apparently lives on a chicken farm and was like "I HATE stepping in chicken manure its squishy and gross!" May have to get her parents' number and see if I can get in on that action for my veggie garden lol.

Good Morfnoevight All! Past EO.

Went to the dental hygienist already today. Got home and started tightening the four screws on each fence board and add two new screws to tighten it all up. The fence is 12+ years old and I think it will go another ten with some maintenance. After we get all of it screwed down I will put a coat of oil preservative on it.

I had to stop for the heat. It is going to be 93°F here today and that sun is just beating down.

I went to get some color samples and they don't have them for the wood preservative :shrug: So the smallest volume I can get is a gallon for $40 :yoinks:. There is no way to know how it will look on this old wood. I may have to just take a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back