Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morfnoevight All you hump day stoners!

The blower motor on my 2005 Elantra quit working. First it was one speed then two, then it just quit altogether. I replaced the resister pack hopeing that was the problem because it fit the symptoms and is easy to get to. No such luck. I pulled the dash apart and got the switch out. It was broken at one of the plastic tabs that holds it together. I found one online for $65 but before I ordered it I have glued the switch back together with JB Plastic weld. I need to wait a few hours to see if it will hold. I cleaned all of the mating surfaces with acetone first. Time will tell.

The blower motor on my 2005 Elantra quit working. First it was one speed then two, then it just quit altogether. I replaced the resister pack hopeing that was the problem because it fit the symptoms and is easy to get to. No such luck. I pulled the dash apart and got the switch out. It was broken at one of the plastic tabs that holds it together. I found one online for $65 but before I ordered it I have glued the switch back together with JB Plastic weld. I need to wait a few hours to see if it will hold. I cleaned all of the mating surfaces with acetone first. Time will tell.
I've done that. JB Plastic weld iz goooood stuff!:biggrin:

Had a jeep cherokee that had a crack in the power steering res....285 for new unit cause they didn't just sell the res....Ace hardware plastic weld epoxy and it held for 5 years and was fine when I sold it......gotta be smart or rich..

Had a jeep cherokee that had a crack in the power steering res....285 for new unit cause they didn't just sell the res....Ace hardware plastic weld epoxy and it held for 5 years and was fine when I sold it......gotta be smart or rich..
I prefer to think of it as being “rich in intelligence, rather than being rich in cash” :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back