Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every UK plug has it's own fuse in it (inside the plug) but each zone of the house goes to a box in the wall (circuit breaker?) with the little switches that trip when you've done something silly, or a mouse eats through the cables.

The plugs you can get little 3,5, or 13 amp fuses

PL0998007-40.jpg

For the xircuit breaker box, each little one (i'll add a picture) has these details

British General Circuit Breakers B32 Technical Details

Below are the technical details relating to the circuit breakers

• Type B – Magnetic Operating 3 to 5 Times In (Current Rating).
  • 35mm DIN Rail Mounting.
  • Large 25mm Terminal Capacity.
  • 500V Insulated Voltage.
  • 6000A Breaking Capacity.
  • 6000V Uimp Impulse Withstand.
  • 230/400V AC 50Hz.
PL11754-40.jpg

So does that mean the largest amperage on your circuits can be 13 amps? How does that work?

And are you still not supposed to exceed 80% of that total amperage on the circuit?

So does that mean the large amperage on your circuits can be 13 amps? How does that work?

And are you still not supposed to exceed 80% of that total amperage on the circuit?

I'll come clean .. I'm not a qualified electrician :rofl: ... so that 2nd part went *whoooosh*

You could put any of those little fuses into any plug .. the lower the number .. the more likely it is to POP with a large currnet. .. so you wouldn't want a 3amp fuze on say a washing machine plug ... because it would probably go POP when you tuned it on .. and that would be a pain in the arse.

I wouldn't base your UK electrical installation on my knowledge though :rofl: ... just an example!

:pass:

I'll come clean .. I'm not a qualified electrician :rofl: ... so that 2nd part went *whoooosh*

You could put any of those little fuses into any plug .. the lower the number .. the more likely it is to POP with a large currnet. .. so you wouldn't want a 3amp fuze on say a washing machine plug ... because it would probably go POP when you tuned it on .. and that would be a pain in the arse.

I wouldn't base your UK electrical installation on my knowledge though :rofl: ... just an example!

:pass:

Reason I ask is there was a grower on Facebook asking about exceeding electrical draw, and I know how it works in the states, but he's in England, and he's running everything off the same outlet, using extension cords and surge protectors...

So does that mean the largest amperage on your circuits can be 13 amps? How does that work?

To me it seems like these are overload protection hell I dont really have a clue I hire electricians to do all my stuff. I found out early on electricity BITES YOU and I dont like that :LOLStoned:

Reason I ask is there was a grower on Facebook asking about exceeding electrical draw, and I know how it works in the states, but he's in England, and he's running everything off the same outlet, using extension cords and surge protectors...
Then he was overloading the circuit they must act like our GFI outlets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back