Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy cooking, so I generally make everything I can from scratch (it’s a great activity to do between joints). I have zero premade microwave food in my house.
Same here man! No damn Hungry Man dinners in my freezer! :d5:

Sorry @420Forever I know you love a TV dinner or a frozen fish filet for din-din! ;) :rofl:

Shout out to @Jean-O !!
Thank you for your generosity!
:d5:
DSC_1149~2.JPG

Welp….. I finally had enough of the sub par pizza in this town….so I’ve decided to become pizza-self-sufficient :haha: dough will be finished tomorrow (gotta rest for 24 hours in the fridge)….I’ll make the sauce tomorrow before taking the new baking stone for its maiden voyage. Once I’m happy with the dough and sauce recipes, get the cooking time down, I’ll start making my own fresh mozzarella too….for now I’m using store bought.:pass:
I've never had great success with my pizza oven and fresh mozzarella. It cooks too quick to do anything but warm the cheese. Maybe super thin sliced but fresh cheese is tough to slice that thin. Block of polly-o part skim frozen and shredded and shredded parm combo work the best for me. I cook it until the crust is done then hold it up near the top with the paddle to really melt the cheese and meats

I've never had great success with my pizza oven and fresh mozzarella. It cooks too quick to do anything but warm the cheese. Maybe super thin sliced but fresh cheese is tough to slice that thin. Block of polly-o part skim frozen and shredded and shredded parm combo work the best for me. I cook it until the crust is done then hold it up near the top with the paddle to really melt the cheese and meats
I passed on the pizza oven, did a little reading (Pizza Camp by Chris Bedia) bought the best baking stone on the market, and decided to see how well I can do in my home oven. Going this route saved me about 800 bucks, and I’ll figure out a way to make something I’m happy with. It will be something close to NY style with a thinner but crispy hand stretched crust. So with the lower temperature (550) it oughta help the fresh cheese brown a bit, although I plan on doing half fresh moz, half full fat/low moisture moz. It’s what the author does at his restaurant. As with every thing, it will be a learning process.. :pass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back