Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna have to be completely drilled and tapped at this point. Larger bolt a must… just got stainless bolts too cuz they don’t seize in aluminum as readily as reg bolts. I also have antiseize for when bolts go back in. So it never happens again
Why don't you use a time-sert?

Ya Feliz Cumpleaños Señora @Suki813 :pighug:
1649538738669.gif

Man amazon sure cutting it close! It’s 4:13 already! :(
8C0DC578-A944-4D8E-A8FA-556A7BB5FAEB.jpeg
EF9E5882-3A29-48D7-BF74-717D0FB27E7A.jpeg

:pass:

*edit* SWEEEEEET!
Just realized these are new stock cuz they are in the pouch similar to grove bag vs having a boveda inside the pouch! Also the old minis only held .8 and only flavored held 1g but new ones apparently hold the same now!:woohoo1:

Hot wrench, PB Blaster, slight rapping ...........from there is totally dependent on exactly what ya have......size, placement and what tools a have.

edit...........I do so hate getting out broken bolts. I had PLENTY of it at sea!:wall:
Short Story Time!!
brought to you by
Asian Haze Live Rosin

460421377_1112220.gif

WildBill vs Gun Tub

Busted bolts and naval corrosion, with the help of canna, dredged up memories of such.

One might ask,"What is a gun tub?" A gun tub held weapons and was located topside inside the 'conning' tower. It's just a enclosed cylinder with a simple o-ring clamshell top
I guess it worked ok in the old WWII boats with their limited diving depth. This gun tub was one of the OLD 'S-boats' nuke attack subs....Sargo, Skate. They were built 'Pre-SubSafe' , a safety program that was instituted after the Thresher sinking. I hated working on any of those sub's critical systems. Building and material specs were missing and blueprints themselves were inexact, even the primary side of the reactor. Submarine safety was TOTALLY revamped after the sinking.

This gun tub job came to the shop and my lucky ass drew it. I had 4 jobs working that day and was bouncing between working them and supervising. I put two guys on the job. All they had to do was remove the operating parts and remove the pins from the clamshell hinge and bring it back to the shop. I get to the boat and the are still trying to get the pins out. I smile and tell the hammer guy to give me the sledge and hold the brass punch. I thought it was a good turn around for him be behind the gun holding the punch. I screwed with him a little too. :eyebrows:
WHACK.......clunk!
WHACK.......clunk!
One hit each and they were out!:cools:

On the first pin. the guys were speechless..:biggrin:
On the second pin, Mr. Former Hammer Guy said, "How in the HELL did you do that?"
I handed him the sledge, turned around and started to walk off.
"I played like it was my first old lady.", as I nonchalantly walked off. "See a at the shop!, as I waved my hand at them.
When those two got drunk, one of them would tell that story. LOL! :funny:

Gonna have to be completely drilled and tapped at this point. Larger bolt a must… just got stainless bolts too cuz they don’t seize in aluminum as readily as reg bolts. I also have antiseize for when bolts go back in. So it never happens again
The broken harden extractor has to be removed. When that happens I will weld a small screw to the end of the broken extractor and pull it out with a slide hammer. Just the way this retired machine repairer did it :coffee:

Don’t forget to enter the giveaways here on AFN when you see them pop up from time to time. I happened to win this awesome little package from Brother Mendel’s pack of Dark Jedi auto flowers and seed cracker
2768B7ED-CDC5-4DF1-A047-E476432E98CA.jpeg
9236C52F-DA0E-4041-99E9-C7EB32A7056A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back