Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
@hecno here ya go bud some great info and some better pics https://www.bonsaiempire.com/basics/styling/advanced/root-flare
before.jpg
Juniper-over-rock_A.jpg
b004e387aed111cf6e0df845ab32ac96.jpg
images.jpeg
ea70e8ceb595665d2499ff000c6c8c3e.jpg

Not my bonsai unfortunately but you get the idea . You can also use a tile or slate places at base of roots to spread them out to form a good flat stable base . Get Ur head in some reading and that large fic could be a really good bonsai
This is one of the most interesting story's I've read and what got my love of bonsai started many years ago . I over heard some guys talking about bonsai at the royal Welsh show many many years ago . When I got home I done some reading about this tree that survived a nuclear bomb the rest as they say is history https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...50-japanese-bonsai-survived-hiroshima-bombing

THC

THC

LOL! I can imagine that happening!

I've always loved garlic since a little kid. I think it's helped keep my cardiovascular system working as well as it does. My cholesterol is good, the good to bad ratio could be better. I always get the look when my BP gets taken. My normal resting BP is around 110/68.
When I was a kid, Dad had to take garlic tabs a couple of months before hunting season to help repel ticks. Ticks LOVED my Dad! LOL! If ticks were in the areas, they would be on Dad. I had to check Dad at the end of the day of hunting. Campho Phenique was what we used to get them to back out.
I almost never had/have any tics. Skeeters don't bother me much either.

Yeah...it is Very Healthy for you........ :headbang: ...I hadn't Thought about it repelling beasties though....
Hubby is the same as your Dad.....if there are two mosquitoes in the room....I don't need repellent coz they will both bite hubby......:crying:

I Think it is because he has better blood........

We have drops we put on the dogs necks every month....I Have been tempted to put it on hubby.....save him the misery of bites....
(hey...if it is good enough for the dogs.....an all that....)

Funny...what always puzzled me about onions/leek/garlic.....all supposed to be wonderfully healthy for humans....but toxic to the dogs/chickens....:shrug:

Everything I cooked used to have onions in........but now I avoid it so our Waste disposal units stay healthy...sigh......

Food , I spend a fair bit of time cooking a roasted marinated boned pork shoulder and it was shit . Old pig - supermarket - never again - Least the dogs are happy . :biggrin: :thumbsup:

Old pigs truly SUCK!
Dad had a farmer make some breakfast sausage for us. The first time Mom started to cook some, the smell woke me up. The pork was from an OLD boar. and it absolutely STUNK WITH THAT DAMN BOAR SMELL! Dad was mad as hell.
My Dad was pretty chill..........to a point. You really didn't want to push things with him if you were not family. I went along with him to get his money back or more sausage. I knew it could get nasty. The farmer's son was a Senior and I was a freshman at the time. His son was nothing but an ass. The farmer chose to push and actually threw punch at my Dad.
That was the wrong thing to do! Dad started to beat his ass! It didn't surprise me when the farmer's son tried to join the fight. I caught him with a flying roundhouse kick to his jaw that knocked him out instantly and visibly broke his jaw. It was not pretty at all. This startled the farmer and when he looked down at his son, Dad caught him with a massive uppercut that lifted the farmer off his feet and the farmer was out like a light before he hit the ground.
That was the first time Dad had seen me fight. "Damn boy! I didn't know you could fight that well! Did that karate school teach you that?" I laughed and told him that wasn't a fight!.
That's when the deputies arrived. It was a real good thing Dad knew both. They didn't tell or make the farmer give the money back, but they did kinda stall both the farmer and his son from leaving in the ambulance. The farmer's wife finally went in the house and got Dad's money! LOL!
It really wasn't really a good thing for me though. By Monday morning, it had made it around school. My friends were all happy and gave me pats on the back and attaboys. The farmer's son was one of the popular football players and now I had the whole football team after me. I had a lot of run-ins with players quite a bit. That lasted the remaining school year until a friend and I whooped 5 players when they crashed a party we had going at a rock pit. It was a real fight and sure as hell wasn't pretty! We were beat up, but we were the ones standing at the end. I guess that gained some sort of respect from the Neanderthals and never had any more problems from those tards.

Yeah...it is Very Healthy for you........ :headbang: ...I hadn't Thought about it repelling beasties though....
Hubby is the same as your Dad.....if there are two mosquitoes in the room....I don't need repellent coz they will both bite hubby......:crying:

I Think it is because he has better blood........

We have drops we put on the dogs necks every month....I Have been tempted to put it on hubby.....save him the misery of bites....
(hey...if it is good enough for the dogs.....an all that....)

Funny...what always puzzled me about onions/leek/garlic.....all supposed to be wonderfully healthy for humans....but toxic to the dogs/chickens....:shrug:

Everything I cooked used to have onions in........but now I avoid it so our Waste disposal units stay healthy...sigh......
I made Roast Beast yesterday. There were two onions and one big thinly sliced garlic. I hadn't made it in quite a while..
I was in miserable comfort last night! LOL!

@Mossy your Hubby's mosquito issue has me remembering what we did when we camped ... we used vitamin B-1...we'd start taking it a couple of days prior to trip....no mosquito/bug bites but anyone with us who laughed at our vitamins got eat up.
The down side is no body else would get near either...

@Mossy your Hubby's mosquito issue has me remembering what we did when we camped ... we used vitamin B-1...we'd start taking it a couple of days prior to trip....no mosquito/bug bites but anyone with us who laughed at our vitamins got eat up.
Never heard that one!

Never heard that one!
Don't remember where I heard about it but prob from other campers....That was in the 70's and I used B-1 through the 80's whenever we camped.... and would today if I intend to camp. No idea dosages used I'd be willing to bet that even small doses would make a difference....when you smell yourself, you know it's working.

Don't remember where I heard about it but prob from other campers....That was in the 70's and I used B-1 through the 80's whenever we camped.... and would today if I intend to camp. No idea dosages used I'd be willing to bet that even small doses would make a difference....when you smell yourself, you know it's working.
Yeah.......there is a funk. LOL!

I made Roast Beast yesterday. There were two onions and one big thinly sliced garlic. I hadn't made it in quite a while..
I was in miserable comfort last night! LOL!

Poor @WildBill :pighug: ..pain breakthrough......?...

Cheers @automan2 ....:headbang:..he has tried that and the garlic theory....the mozzies bit through both....:crying:...and the garlic on him repelled me.....:biggrin:

Never heard that one!

Yeah..me Bro took them before he came over and got hubby on them....they both got on fine for 3 days...then they went afternoon sea fishing......and my Bro come back looking like Frankensteins monster with bolts either side of his neck......:crying:

@blue :bighug: ..must be about Home time for you......?.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back