Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Apr-Jun '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for you guys (and gals)

I am nearing harvest and i have no where to dry my plants, the plants are outdoors and temps are hitting 100F.

I have a spot that gets shade all day, what if I dry there and clip into jars while the stems still have some bend to them? obviously that brings more chances for mold, but i'd rather have to burp the jars a lot over risking all the moisture from the heat drying it too fast

I am nearing harvest and i have no where to dry my plants, the plants are outdoors and temps are hitting 100F.

I have a spot that gets shade all day, what if I dry there and clip into jars while the stems still have some bend to them? obviously that brings more chances for mold, but i'd rather have to burp the jars a lot over risking all the moisture from the heat drying it too fast
Tough problem! I have an area outside pretty much like that.
The only thing I have to offer is what I would do if I was in your shoes. It may not work, but I think it will.
I have big brown grocery bags, strips and different size packing foam, A Walmart clothing rack and a big cardboard box that the rack can fit in.
I would trim the girl to stems long enough to fit in the paper bag with them standing up with the stems in the foam. Fill all the bags, place on the rack and put the rack in the box. Put the box on wood or bricks.
That's about as slow as you can get. I don't think you'll have any problems as long as it's in the shade and not a lot of wind.

Tough problem! I have an area outside pretty much like that.
The only thing I have to offer is what I would do if I was in your shoes. It may not work, but I think it will.
I have big brown grocery bags, strips and different size packing foam, A Walmart clothing rack and a big cardboard box that the rack can fit in.
I would trim the girl to stems long enough to fit in the paper bag with them standing up with the stems in the foam. Fill all the bags, place on the rack and put the rack in the box. Put the box on wood or bricks.
That's about as slow as you can get. I don't think you'll have any problems as long as it's in the shade and not a lot of wind.
I tried out door drying once and it was a nightmare I bid you good luck hopefully your strains ain't anything sticky
@Havok

What did you run mate any donky d**KS ? Out door weed is by far the best for smoothness and overall awesomeness :coffee2: it's the only reason I'd ever cheer the climate warm on :crying: yes we all now have terrible burn skin but look at our weed :haha:

That is going to ruin all of your hard work. Terpens will evaporate leaving a very poor product. It will still get you high but the flavor will be missing. You need to do a MacGyver. You want 70°F RH60%. Maybe a big cardboard box with a Humidifier and fan. An old swamp cooler?

ScreenHunter_246 Jan. 28 22.20.jpg

I would try anything to avoid 100°F or even 80°F.

:goodluck:

What did you run mate any donky d**KS ? Out door weed is by far the best for smoothness and overall awesomeness :coffee2: it's the only reason I'd ever cheer the climate warm on :crying: yes we all now have terrible burn skin but look at our weed :haha:

It's is a blueberry headband x gigabud auto. It has potential in ideal conditions, but obviously I don't have them.

I know it can be done in the heat, I've walked thru plots of it in Afghanistan while it was still hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back