LMMFAO!
I could see having to do that with my Aunt! I brought her some very good canna and got her high. She had REALLY bad rheumatoid arthritis. She tried to get me to grow for her, but I couldn't at the time. She did get with one of her friends and they grew together.
Dad has gurd, the valve at the top of the throat doesn't close... except with canna... he's on rosin that I press from a cross I've been working with for about 2 yrs now. (Meds I can reproduce identically for the foreseeable future) Canna wouldn't have been acceptable 15 yrs ago. Now he vapes every night!

Dad has gurd, the valve at the top of the throat doesn't close... except with canna... he's on rosin that I press from a cross I've been working with for about 2 yrs now. (Meds I can reproduce identically for the foreseeable future) Canna wouldn't have been acceptable 15 yrs ago. Now he vapes every night!
I wish I could have done something like that for my Dad back then.
That's my next big canna buy.....a press. Either pre-made or do-it-yourself.

I wish I could have done something like that for my Dad back then.
That's my next big canna buy.....a press. Either pre-made or do-it-yourself.
You won't be sorry. Clean, simple.... and no looking for butane or other things. I have the "nug smasher mini". A diy would have been on my list, but the mini is small enough to fit under the kitchen counter with room to spare in the 5th wheel.

You won't be sorry. Clean, simple.... and no looking for butane or other things. I have the "nug smasher mini". A diy would have been on my list, but the mini is small enough to fit under the kitchen counter with room to spare in the 5th wheel.
Yeah, that one does look like a good fit for me. Maybe a sale on 4/20!

You a fulltime rv guy too?

You a fulltime rv guy too?
No, currently based out of central California, until I can either talk my father into leaving, or I'm taking him back to be with mom...
I'd have beat feet years ago if either they hadn't been here, or didn't need the help.
Was raised here, and it feels like I've awoke in upside down world.

Mom and dad were the 5th wheelers, with mom gone, and dad getting up there, I've kinda became the driver. He plays a stand up bass guitar, and has musical friends down in AZ that we go visit for a few months a year. Got stuck there last year. This year, with the turmoil, upcoming doctor visits etc and my oldest son getting married in May, I don't see getting out except for maybe a couple short trips... if I can find campgrounds that are open...

At least it allows me to focus on a couple runs. Now that we're staying home, I can run my F2s this spring and move them down the road a step.

It would be nice to fly this on my flag pole this year!

texas-marijuana-legal.jpg

California did away with the medical benefits when we went rec. Before, I could buy my mother a chocolate bar that was a thousand milligrams for about 30$ no tax, its medical... then the recreation law passed. Edibles limited to 100 milligrams... that chocolate bar still costs 30$, now 1 tenth the strength... state took tax exempt status away from medical. My mothers meds went up 1000%. (10 bars at 30$ for the same 1000 milligrams)
Home grown canna does not make them any revenue.
I would expect them to outlaw home growing again when they come to that conclusion as well.
You can have your weed, but only bought thru the government stores.

I have never asked permission, I will not hold to plant counts. Some asshole in Sacramento or DC saying he passed a law doesn't make it right or wrong.
Nothing the government does is for your good or safety, it is to fill their pockets with your money.
I'm in Michigan. We approved recreational in November 2018. I have been growing for two years. The first recreational dispensary just opened anywhere near me so I checked it out yesterday. Plenty of edibles but limited to 100mg per package. Tax comes to 16%. Must be 10% weed tax and 6% sales tax. I'm a veteran so they give me 10% off all purchases after registering for their membership which is free.

I bought 2 strains, 1/8oz each for a total of $73.46 after discount. Had to cut the bag open to get the sealed containers out. Opened on up and found tiny hard dry buds. It was harvested one month ago. The buds felt crispy and crumbly. I expected a better high than from what I grow myself and just give away to random individuals.

My buds are far from the best I see others here grow. I start my plants inside under light in the Spring and either move outside or transplant outdoors. My buds looked better, smelled better and got me just as or higher than dispensary weed I bought yesterday. I'll stick to my own home grown versus dispensary weed.

I haven't made a wide range of edibles. Brownies, cookies, cannahoney or just cannaoil I add to food. I won't be going to a legal dispensary much except to try some of their varied edibles.

Two years ago when I first started using weed again it was from an Arizona medical dispensary a friend had in Arizona. That stuff was either great weed or I have built up a serious tolerance after two years of nightly imbibing.

Here in Illinois, you need a medical card to legally grow up to 5 plants at one time over five inches. You only pay a little over 1% tax at the dispensary.

Virginia lawmakers this week also voted to legalize marijuana in the state, making it legal for adults to consume cannabis for recreational purposes.

Virginia, which for decades has sent thousands of people to jail for selling or using marijuana, is about to make it legal.
In a historic shift for this traditionally conservative Southern state, the General Assembly voted Friday to allow its possession, manufacture and sale.

But while lawmakers in the House of Delegates and Senate agree on legalizing the substance, the chambers will have to work out differences in their proposed bills before a final version reaches Gov. Ralph Northam, who has signaled he will sign their legislation into law. Beginning in 2024, cannabis can be sold in regulated stores, with tax revenue going to pre-K and public health programs, addiction treatment and a fund to remedy the effects of the drug’s criminalization.

Back