In the United States it is illegal to make Moonshine unless you possess a federal permit.

While individuals of legal drinking age may produce wine or beer at home for personal or family use, Federal law strictly prohibits individuals from producing distilled spirits at home (see 26 United States Code (U.S.C.) 5042(a)(2) and 5053(e)). Producing distilled spirits at any place other than a TTB-qualified distilled spirits plant can expose you to Federal charges for serious offenses and lead to consequences including, but not necessarily limited to, the following:

1. Within title 26 of the United States Code, section 5601 sets out criminal penalties for activities including the following. Offenses under this section are felonies that are punishable by up to 5 years in prison, a fine of up to $10,000, or both, for each offense.

• 5601(a)(1) – Possession of an unregistered still.
  • 5601(a)(2) – Engaging in business as a distiller without filing an application and receiving notice of registration.
  • 5601(a)(6) – Distilling on a prohibited premises. (Under 26 U.S.C. 5178(a)(1)(B), a distilled spirits plant may not be located in a residence or in sheds, yards, or enclosures connected to a residence.)
  • 5601(a)(7) – Unlawful production or use of material fit for production of distilled spirits.
  • 5601(a)(8) – Unlawful production of distilled spirits.
  • 5601(a)(11) – Purchase, receipt, and/or processing of distilled spirits when the person who does so knows or has reasonable grounds to believe that Federal excise tax has not been paid on the spirits.
  • 5601(a)(12) – Removal or concealment of distilled spirits on which tax has not been paid.
Gotcha I thought it was only illegal to sell it. In that case another analogy would be growing weed=brewing beer and doing extractions=distilled spirits

Meaning they won’t care about folks growin flower but folks tryin to blast and make oil Thats where the feds will step in

No, it's not really like that. It's really a few select azzwipes with power that are the problem. Some, not of that ilk, stand on their own personal beliefs about canna. Like most people, they believe what they were taught growing up. They just haven't been exposed to the reality of canna.....the good. They only know what the general population associate with the negative side of what some people ASSIGN to canna, such as drug cartels and drug dealers that also sell 'herd' drugs. They just haven't seen the good that canna can do with their own eyes. They just need to see it for themselves.
This is how the canna has gained acceptance throughout the country over the many years.

You're wrong about personal freedom in Texas. The only other state with more personal freedom is Alaska.............aside from the sillyass tribal laws about booze, but even that is understandable.

Fair enough, Bill. I know I was a bit harsh towards Texas and Texans. I'm just really fucking pissed that this country, my adopted country, my kids' birthplace, this great land of the free, is really not all that free at all. My blood boils every time I see an article hopefully proclaiming that maybe, just maybe, our benevolent leaders will one day soon allow us to be a little more free, just a wee bit, with caveats of course. My ancestors fought tooth and nail to remain free, and even the smallest attempt at infringing on their liberty was met with force. They had to be hunted down one by one in the highlands and brought to heel or killed. Now we beg our supposed representatives for permission to live as we see fit. Ah, fuck. There's another rant. I am so sorry, people. Cannabis brings out the rebellious curmudgeon in me.

I was gonna say, when did 'shine become legal! I'm in the hillbilly special over here and it is definitely an off grid affair. You can buy "hobby stills" that are quite small. Funny what they will and won't go after. I will say, running wine through a hobby still to make brandy, ugh, Ill just go pay at the store.

I have had some home brew shine that was quite good but whoo baby.... strong.

I was gonna say, when did 'shine become legal! I'm in the hillbilly special over here and it is definitely an off grid affair. You can buy "hobby stills" that are quite small. Funny what they will and won't go after. I will say, running wine through a hobby still to make brandy, ugh, Ill just go pay at the store.

I have had some home brew shine that was quite good but whoo baby.... strong.
It is legal to distill alcohol for fuel use, but you have to obtain a government permit..
You can also get a free permit to set up a distillery as a business, but then you have to pay the tax on production.

Small stills are legal for distillation of non-alcoholic liquids, like water purification, solvents, extracts of plants, etc.

Distilling alcohol for personal use is legal under some state's law but Federal law always takes a superior position over a state law so the feds can at any time step in an enforce a federal law over a state law. Even in states where marijuana is legalized the feds could decide to step in and prosecute manufacturing for purpose of sale in those states on the whim of the Department of Justice under the wrong Attorney General.

You would think they would shut down all the dispensaries and grow facilities first but they could even target a home grower if there was some other charge they wanted to go after you for, called stacking charges.

You're wrong about personal freedom in Texas. The only other state with more personal freedom is Alaska.............

Unless you’re trying to smoke weed, grow weed, press hash, make edibles, get an abortion, gamble, or buy alcohol before noon on Sunday, or vote! :cooldance:

I say that with love as a former Texan.:cheers:

Fair enough, Bill. I know I was a bit harsh towards Texas and Texans. I'm just really fucking pissed that this country, my adopted country, my kids' birthplace, this great land of the free, is really not all that free at all. My blood boils every time I see an article hopefully proclaiming that maybe, just maybe, our benevolent leaders will one day soon allow us to be a little more free, just a wee bit, with caveats of course. My ancestors fought tooth and nail to remain free, and even the smallest attempt at infringing on their liberty was met with force. They had to be hunted down one by one in the highlands and brought to heel or killed. Now we beg our supposed representatives for permission to live as we see fit. Ah, fuck. There's another rant. I am so sorry, people. Cannabis brings out the rebellious curmudgeon in me.
You could have said that about every damn state in the Union only a few years ago.
Neither of the two major parties are up there for helping "the people". With the exception of maybe a handful, no representative or senator in DC is for helping "the people"...................unless it helps them first............NONE! And too far few of the asses up there have put their ass on the line for this country. One tends to really appreciate something, namely The Constitution, when you've put your ass on the line for it and sworn to protect it from foreign or domestic threats. I still take that oath to heart.

You know guys, we that live in the US do have it pretty damn good. I've been all over the world and I've seen and seen "some stuff". We love to bitch and moan about all sorts of things, but we really have it pretty damn good. Could it be better? Hell yeah!

Unless you’re trying to smoke weed, grow weed, press hash, make edibles, get an abortion, gamble, or buy alcohol before noon on Sunday, or vote! :cooldance:

I say that with love as a former Texan.:cheers:
LOL!
The only people that can't vote in Texas are people in prison and non-Texans.:rofl:
I've never needed an abortion. :funny:

I posted above that the feds can use marijuana to arrest you at any time if they are out to get you. They currently have an individual in custody in the Washington DC jail system for attending the Capitol Jan 6th protests. Held without bail, in solitary. It is being reported that two CO's took him out of his cell late at night, zip tied his hands behind his back and beat him so bad that he is now blind in one eye, his attorney was not allowed in to see him.

FBI is now investigating. His only charge is apparently attending a protest and having marijuana in his possession on Capitol grounds. Direct example of the feds using possession of a small amount of marijuana to justify jailing someone, holding them in solitary, denying access to an attorney and then dragging them out of their cell in the middle of the night and beating them half to death. The individual has now been having seizures.

Washington, DC legalized possession of marijuana, but it still is a criminal offense under federal law.

Reactions: Mir
The government will take as much freedom away from its citizens as the citizens allow. So much for the 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 10th amendments/state sovereignty. All drug laws are unconstitutional, the federal government has no legal jurisdiction over such matters, according to our constitution. But hey, since when has that mattered. People are too stupid and lazy to care about things that actually matter.
/soapbox

Yeah, we in the US lost control when we stopped taring and feathering the bastards. Now they have no fear of the people.

Back