I’m afraid that legalization still may stop home growing. (Washington state)...States, counties and the federal government will still want the taxes generated from sales. Can you imagine legalization but an HMO model with everything still controlled by the government and a few powerful individuals lobbying to get control. I am not an attorney but would like to see it decriminalized. I’m all for giving it away, sharing it, comparing it and sharing information. I do want companies researching the medical benefits of the plant. Hopefully it being so common my cannabis plants are as safe as the tomatoes in my yard. Anything is better than prison though. I remember how scary it was. Having a buddy drive you to the grow shop, disposing of soil bags anywhere but my own trash cans The smell,the sound, it’s a wonder we got any sleep. I know there are folks reading this still living that nightmare. I live in California where we have lots of problems but my 6 plants are safe. Be considerate of your neighbors, be a good citizen and GROW.
I’m interested in the opinions of those more knowledgeable than myself

I’m afraid that legalization still may stop home growing. (Washington state)...States, counties and the federal government will still want the taxes generated from sales. Can you imagine legalization but an HMO model with everything still controlled by the government and a few powerful individuals lobbying to get control. I am not an attorney but would like to see it decriminalized. I’m all for giving it away, sharing it, comparing it and sharing information. I do want companies researching the medical benefits of the plant. Hopefully it being so common my cannabis plants are as safe as the tomatoes in my yard. Anything is better than prison though. I remember how scary it was. Having a buddy drive you to the grow shop, disposing of soil bags anywhere but my own trash cans The smell,the sound, it’s a wonder we got any sleep. I know there are folks reading this still living that nightmare. I live in California where we have lots of problems but my 6 plants are safe. Be considerate of your neighbors, be a good citizen and GROW.
Florida we kinda sitting in limbo. Got meds through. Enuff sign to gets rec use on the last ballot but they missed the deadline to get it on the ballot (damn that devils lettuce). Got a case our state supreme court is so far refusing to hear on a med card holder caught growing his own....
Always follow the money.

Be considerate of your neighbors, be a good citizen and GROW.

Politicians who have retired are now going to work for big Commercial weed producers. That will lead to restrictions on home growers to put money in the pockets of politicians, lobbyists and commercial growers and large commercial dispensaries. Politicians like John Boehner.

Arizona prior to the recent election had medical use only. The law prohibited any home growers within 25 miles of a dispensary. That may have changed with the recent recreational legalization.

A couple that lives on the lake I live on were parked near my house last night fishing and my dog went over to them so I walked over to get her and started talking to them. Somehow the conversation got onto weed and they mentioned they partake. I asked if they had been to any dispensaries. The lady responded they were overpriced. I then stated I grow my own. They said they also grow, hydro, four plants at a time.

I asked her if she would like to try some that I have grown. She said sure, probably thinking I would offer her enough for a bowl or two. I went into my house and came out with a grocery bag of assorted strains. State law allows you to gift any adult 21 or older 2 1/2 ounces, I gave them an assortment of strains in vacuum packages, over 1/4lb in total and then around 5 grams of hash from a run with dry ice.

I gave them 1 oz of Fastbuds Gorilla Glue, 1 oz of Afterthought Autos Kilter, 1 oz of Fastbuds Pineapple Express, 1/4 oz of Afterthought Autos Blueberry Jar, 1 or 2 oz of Mad Dawg Genetics Gooey 13.

I had more than I can ever use personally so I give it away when I meet someone who uses it, they said they were inbetween grows. I grow in dirt mostly outdoors though I have two smaller tents and like to try different strains. They do hydro and clones, something I've never done. The lady said next time they come by she would drop off a strain they came up with that smells like black licorice.

Last year most of my outdoor grow was for seeds from around four strains I crossed. I now have jars of regular seeds and will be trying to grow some out this year and try getting feminized seeds. Might try to get a couple clones from their black licorice strain in exchange for some seeds from my stash.

I don't really want to buy seeds anymore due to high prices and germination issues. I took 12 seeds from a White Widow/Blueberry cross I grew last year. Drop the seeds in water and the next day all 12 sprouted. Planted then in Solo cups in Promix HP and 11 came up so far.

Last year I had purchased a well known breeder pack of five seeds and couldn't get a single seed to sprout.

Last edited:
If Dan Patrick would let them hit the floor, there are several good bills in committee in Texas, some being discussed this week.
Wont happen. Patrick is Texas’s McConnell when it comes to weed. Texas is one of the few states that doesn’t allow citizen initiated ballot initiatives. It HAS to come from the stupid legislature. It’s some bullshit for sure

I don’t see it that way. I see it just like alcohol. You can brew your own beer and even make your own moonshine. The government doesn’t care. For most people it is much easier to buy beer than to make it, same thing applies with weed. We all know how complex it is to produce quality medicine, the average joe doesn’t wanna mess with the hassle. I would venture to say most folks would rather buy weed than grow it. Assuming it was legal, hence why dispos still make billions industry wide. I see a basic decriminalization Happening in the next 6-9 months. This year for sure, then I see full legalization a few years from now.

Wont happen. Patrick is Texas’s McConnell when it comes to weed. Texas is one of the few states that doesn’t allow citizen initiated ballot initiatives. It HAS to come from the stupid legislature. It’s some bullshit for sure
One of the reasons I will not move to Texas. They talk a big game about freedom and the Constitution when they want to own the libs, but shit all over both when it comes time to take a principled stand.

One of the reasons I will not move to Texas. They talk a big game about freedom and the Constitution when they want to own the libs, but shit all over both when it comes time to take a principled stand.
Yep that’s why I only spend a couple months a year at my Austin home. Austin is definitely better than the rest of the state, but still subject to state laws unfortunately

Wont happen. Patrick is Texas’s McConnell when it comes to weed.
It's entirely possible that he would support an expansion of the medical program or a new one. I had a conversation with a state rep about canna and veterans. He didn't come out and say Patrick would support it, a typical politician, but inferred that it could be a possibility.
I don’t see it that way. I see it just like alcohol. You can brew your own beer and even make your own moonshine. The government doesn’t care. For most people it is much easier to buy beer than to make it, same thing applies with weed. We all know how complex it is to produce quality medicine, the average joe doesn’t wanna mess with the hassle. I would venture to say most folks would rather buy weed than grow it. Assuming it was legal, hence why dispos still make billions industry wide. I see a basic decriminalization Happening in the next 6-9 months. This year for sure, then I see full legalization a few years from now.
Exactly! I just don't see the Feds getting into regulating canna to that degree if they legalize it at a federal level. It will be in the States hands to do that.

No, it's not really like that. It's really a few select azzwipes with power that are the problem. Some, not of that ilk, stand on their own personal beliefs about canna. Like most people, they believe what they were taught growing up. They just haven't been exposed to the reality of canna.....the good. They only know what the general population associate with the negative side of what some people ASSIGN to canna, such as drug cartels and drug dealers that also sell 'herd' drugs. They just haven't seen the good that canna can do with their own eyes. They just need to see it for themselves.
This is how the canna has gained acceptance throughout the country over the many years.

You're wrong about personal freedom in Texas. The only other state with more personal freedom is Alaska.............aside from the sillyass tribal laws about booze, but even that is understandable.

In the United States it is illegal to make Moonshine unless you possess a federal permit.

While individuals of legal drinking age may produce wine or beer at home for personal or family use, Federal law strictly prohibits individuals from producing distilled spirits at home (see 26 United States Code (U.S.C.) 5042(a)(2) and 5053(e)). Producing distilled spirits at any place other than a TTB-qualified distilled spirits plant can expose you to Federal charges for serious offenses and lead to consequences including, but not necessarily limited to, the following:

1. Within title 26 of the United States Code, section 5601 sets out criminal penalties for activities including the following. Offenses under this section are felonies that are punishable by up to 5 years in prison, a fine of up to $10,000, or both, for each offense.
  • 5601(a)(1) – Possession of an unregistered still.
  • 5601(a)(2) – Engaging in business as a distiller without filing an application and receiving notice of registration.
  • 5601(a)(6) – Distilling on a prohibited premises. (Under 26 U.S.C. 5178(a)(1)(B), a distilled spirits plant may not be located in a residence or in sheds, yards, or enclosures connected to a residence.)
  • 5601(a)(7) – Unlawful production or use of material fit for production of distilled spirits.
  • 5601(a)(8) – Unlawful production of distilled spirits.
  • 5601(a)(11) – Purchase, receipt, and/or processing of distilled spirits when the person who does so knows or has reasonable grounds to believe that Federal excise tax has not been paid on the spirits.
  • 5601(a)(12) – Removal or concealment of distilled spirits on which tax has not been paid.

Last edited:
Back