I'm impressed they allowed it at all. Give em' first whack to make their tax money, stay low, and then enjoy the freedom boys!

I suspect the waiting period is to help ease the public into the idea of it. Just a couple legal dispensaries here and there, see everyone? No problems, Satan has not sprung forth from the ground, everything nice and regulated.

I'm impressed they allowed it at all. Give em' first whack to make their tax money, stay low, and then enjoy the freedom boys!

I suspect the waiting period is to help ease the public into the idea of it. Just a couple legal dispensaries here and there, see everyone? No problems, Satan has not sprung forth from the ground, everything nice and regulated.
2036586.jpg

Sen. Majority Leader Chuck Schumer says a bill to decriminalize cannabis is coming shortly.

In an appearance on ABC News the senator said, "I support decriminalization at the federal level, and we'll be introducing legislation with a few of my colleagues shortly."

The bill, set to be introduced, will expunge criminal records for marijuana use, regulate and tax marijuana, and remove it from the federal list of controlled substances.

Sen. Majority Leader Chuck Schumer says a bill to decriminalize cannabis is coming shortly.

In an appearance on ABC News the senator said, "I support decriminalization at the federal level, and we'll be introducing legislation with a few of my colleagues shortly."

The bill, set to be introduced, will expunge criminal records for marijuana use, regulate and tax marijuana, and remove it from the federal list of controlled substances.
It will be tied to some other damn legislation. None of the assholes will operate to actually do something for the good of the public without getting something else for their particular party or themselves. It's totally disgusting!

It will be tied to some other damn legislation. None of the assholes will operate to actually do something for the good of the public without getting something else for their particular party or themselves. It's totally disgusting!

Regulate and tax. It mentions that in the article. I believe my state already taxes consumers 16% on dispensary weed. Then there are the fees for commercial growers, fees paid to state to license dispensaries. The federal government will pack on more taxes and fees.

I have gone to two Lume recreational dispensaries, purchased two 1/8 ounces at one dispensary, one hybrid strain and one sativa. At the other dispensary I purchased various edibles. I expected higher quality weed than I grow myself and some kickass edibles. I was disappointed in the quality.

I have something around a pound of 10 or more strains vacuum sealed and frozen from grows from the two prior years after someone here mentioned I could preserve what I grow that way. What I have in my freezer seems to be just as good or better than the commercial weed I purchased. My state allows you to give anyone over 21 up to 2 1/2 ounces, I give my excess to a lady at the local hydro shop and anyone who happens to be in the shop that may be asking her questions on how to grow weed when I am there.

The feds will probably make home grows illegal or make you purchase a license to grow your own to get their cut.

The feds will probably make home grows illegal or make you purchase a license to grow your own to get their cut.
I doubt if the Feds will do that, but I can see some states TRY that.
I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing now.
It would be nice not to have the proverbial "Sword of Damocles" hanging over my head though.

I doubt if the Feds will do that, but I can see some states TRY that.
I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing now.
It would be nice not to have the proverbial "Sword of Damocles" hanging over my head though.
The federal government placed a tax on Marihuana in 1937. What makes you think they wouldn't do so again? Biden wants to tax legally owned firearms and any magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds in his plan to make gun ownership impossible for anyone other than the rich. Politicians will tax anything in order to increase revenue for their own plans.

Back