Salutations Doug58,

The deal would allow New Yorkers over the age of 21 to legally buy and possess up to three ounces of pot for their personal use, with licensed sales to begin by December 2022...

Oh, considering the "Systemic Racism" parallel apparently linked to bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionist legacies i'm now starting to worry once more, as i got to wonder what happened to "My Hero from USA" lately!!

:face:

Please correct me if i'm wrong but he's elsewhere, e.g. somewhere else... So, perhaps there are other democrat politicians who'd rather not want him deeply embarrassed by such serious announcements: actually i believe it's a potential tragedy considering the present volatile context with multiple "Black Live Matters" movements around the world! ... IMO it's no joke to imply today that young adults aged between 18 - 21 will find themselves in an even worse situation than before; either related statistics are going to be shut down using paradoxal anti-racist excuses, or perhaps there shall be an urgent need to reform police as well - more precisely to fix unjustified force, not to mention lethal brutality.

:redcross:

In any case here's the last YouTube post by this pro-cannabic politician i previously mentioned:

Virtual Town Hall: Congressman Earl Blumenauer (2021-Jan-28)

:confused1:

Plans call for a 9 percent state tax on retail sales that could generate $300 million a year in new revenues, state Sen. Liz Krueger (D-Manhattan) told The Post. Cities, towns and villages could tack on another 4 percent sales tax or opt out of allowing local sales and deliveries.

Hummm... No mentions of Pest Control Products? Tumble Weed?? ... Which would prove typical of mis-guided 3rd-party self-serving predatory attitudes taking over Public Institutions in countries of the Commonwealth, while it's supposed to be managed by Public Health instead of Law Enforcement! Ideally...

Oh, this is going to feel quite humiliating for some former activists i presume!

:baghead:

Must be another sign calling for political reforms as well; the fondations are crumbling, stay clear of the walls. Ask for due representation, not just hope for the best as we both know evil hides in details! Right?

:coffee2:

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

UPDATE:

News of "My Hero from USA":

30 Members of congress blast Biden’s marijuana-related white house firings (2021-Mar-25)
Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), co-chair of the Congressional Cannabis Caucus, led the letter, which states that the lawmakers were « dismayed to learn that several White House staffers were reportedly suspended, put on probation, or asked to resign after honestly disclosing past cannabis use. »

So it may seem like there's been some turmoil about to emerge just as i was starting to wonder, although no major mass-media actually seems motivated in reporting such key event(s) so far, except for 1 pro-cannabis periodic (quoted twice in my present post...):

Marijuana Banking Bill reintroduced in senate, with nearly a third of the chamber signed on (2021-Mar-23)
Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), co-chair of the Congressional Cannabis Caucus and an original cosponsor of the bill, said on Friday that the plan is to pass the banking reform first this session because it « is a public safety crisis now », and it’s « distinct — as we’ve heard from some of my colleagues — distinct from how they feel about comprehensive reform. »​

M'well, at least the old man retains some credibility via his "CCC" chair! But i sense the signal perceived by practically everyone else boils down to yet another political/symbolic "sacrifice" (...), with Biden's strategy still pushing more "marijuana" shaming within his very own administration - imagine the rest of USA!

Meanwhile it turns out Rahul Gupta is gaining momentum and we can safely bet he simply won't resist the urge to instrumentalize children (and their mothers) once again!!

Which sounds real depressing to be honest. :wall:

UPDATE:

News of "My Hero from USA":

30 Members of congress blast Biden’s marijuana-related white house firings (2021-Mar-25)
Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), co-chair of the Congressional Cannabis Caucus, led the letter, which states that the lawmakers were « dismayed to learn that several White House staffers were reportedly suspended, put on probation, or asked to resign after honestly disclosing past cannabis use. »

So it may seem like there's been some turmoil about to emerge just as i was starting to wonder, although no major mass-media actually seems motivated in reporting such key event(s) so far, except for 1 pro-cannabis periodic (quoted twice in my present post...):

Marijuana Banking Bill reintroduced in senate, with nearly a third of the chamber signed on (2021-Mar-23)
Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), co-chair of the Congressional Cannabis Caucus and an original cosponsor of the bill, said on Friday that the plan is to pass the banking reform first this session because it « is a public safety crisis now », and it’s « distinct — as we’ve heard from some of my colleagues — distinct from how they feel about comprehensive reform. »​

M'well, at least the old man retains some credibility via his "CCC" chair! But i sense the signal perceived by practically everyone else boils down to yet another political/symbolic "sacrifice" (...), with Biden's strategy still pushing more "marijuana" shaming within his very own administration - imagine the rest of USA!

Meanwhile it turns out Rahul Gupta is gaining momentum and we can safely bet he simply won't resist the urge to instrumentalize children (and their mothers) once again!!

Which sounds real depressing to be honest. :wall:
Better get used to being told one thing and you get something else............just saying.

Salutations WildBill,

Better get used to being told one thing and you get something else...

Right now that's the signal sent at the political party level, namely democrats. Once again money is a priority and i can easily imagine heavy-weight bigot prohibitionist feet pressing hard on the breaks, desperately trying to defeat chances for true progress until more countries synchronize international efforts to cease further mercantile control (...), otherwise i figure there's no valid argument against plain removal of CBD from the narcotics scedule (so it can be grown on the balcony or found at a local food store as "dietary supplement")... Meanwhile a "legal" 10 mg CBD format implies those who could get the most help from it, like aging individuals (potentially with some degenerative troubles), just can't be expected to "self-medicate" on such Frankenstein crap. I mean, no elder will be thrilled having to drink a dozen pseudo-beers as that of our SQdC simply to achieve the minimal prescribed daily dose supposed to provide therapeutic effects, ideally with involvement of a pharmacist as monitor i guess... E.G. causing bills to inflate even more, for the sake of boosting some new "economy" as if it were Christmass everyday!

:xmas:

Etc.

M'well, at least if i judge by some paper i was reading recently:

Understanding the relationship between Cannabidiol and psychosis: Clinical Issues (2020-Jun-17)

Actually i think the only possible and medically-supervised route in USA would be Epidiolex®, manufactured by GW Pharmaceuticals... Which just denies any "Full-Spectrum"/"entourage" effect(s) long before intake has even started anyway! ... With a price-tag to bleach hairs (...), or certainly making treatment practically innaccessible unless covered by medical insurances and so on.

Which reminds me of yet another shocking article:

CBSA sets new penalties for crossing the border with cannabis (2021-Mar-26)

Our Public Institutions taken over by installed gurus -> thanks to irrational (politicized/endoctrinated) $elf-$erving predator$ who never know when to $top.

Hence business as usual indeed. :rolleyes1:

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

Well, one signature til NYS is Rec legal... now waiting on their timeframe til they put it into effect!

South Dakota voters approved legalization of medical and recreational marijuana in the last election. Governor Kristi Noem is working to overturn the voters overwhelming approval of marijuana legalization.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mir

Andrew Cuomo

@NYGovCuomo

#BREAKING: I just signed legislation legalizing adult-use cannabis. The bill creates automatic expungement of previous marijuana convictions that would now be legal. This is a historic day. I thank the Leader and Speaker and the tireless advocacy of so many.

Residents will also be allowed to grow marijuana at home, with a limit of three mature plants for adults over 21 and six mature plants per household.

Anyone previously convicted of possessing an amount of marijuana now under the legal limit will automatically be subject to expungement and resentencing.

Back