Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had the COB 1200 watt light 660 watts. It grows monster plants My Apollos 6 lights not one problem wicked lights more of a white spectrum which I thinks works great with my cheap 300 watt galaxy hydro. You no my oldest 300 watt just burnt its first led out ONE since september 2014 I take the back off and no heat sink lol. The newer ones the other two I bought last years have a heat sink. So if I got two solid years out of a 3 watt epiled light that has proven to me to grow great and big plants for 100 Canadian. I just cannot go wrong. My 1200 watt COB was running on three fans for god knows how long and burnt the tip of my PINKY on the box shut her right down but I did not lose one chip on board. I got ahold of Galaxy Hydro they shipped me the parts they sent me a extra to replace on the other side so starting new with both fan led supplies I had them in three days from China grant you it cost me 28.00 CAD for shipping but I have the original parts and no JERRY RIGGING to get the fans operating. AS far as costing a bit more to operate or efficiency towards the more expensive lights I get lost in the explanation to be honest sorry but I do. I just know I grow I excess to a gram per watt used so in my books that is my books no one else's I am doing great. My warranty ran out ages ago they never onced asked me for money for the part. I shot them money via pay pal they had me my parts in THREE DAYS I cannot reiterate on how good there customer service is for a epiled based light. I think a few chinese based company should have stuck with the three watt led. Hell some of the biggest and baddest grows were done on here going back three or four years with 1 watt led lights by the great SEYMOUR BUDS

I have had the COB 1200 watt light 660 watts. It grows monster plants My Apollos 6 lights not one problem wicked lights more of a white spectrum which I thinks works great with my cheap 300 watt galaxy hydro. You no my oldest 300 watt just burnt its first led out ONE since september 2014 I take the back off and no heat sink lol. The newer ones the other two I bought last years have a heat sink. So if I got two solid years out of a 3 watt epiled light that has proven to me to grow great and big plants for 100 Canadian. I just cannot go wrong. My 1200 watt COB was running on three fans for god knows how long and burnt the tip of my PINKY on the box shut her right down but I did not lose one chip on board. I got ahold of Galaxy Hydro they shipped me the parts they sent me a extra to replace on the other side so starting new with both fan led supplies I had them in three days from China grant you it cost me 28.00 CAD for shipping but I have the original parts and no JERRY RIGGING to get the fans operating. AS far as costing a bit more to operate or efficiency towards the more expensive lights I get lost in the explanation to be honest sorry but I do. I just know I grow I excess to a gram per watt used so in my books that is my books no one else's I am doing great. My warranty ran out ages ago they never onced asked me for money for the part. I shot them money via pay pal they had me my parts in THREE DAYS I cannot reiterate on how good there customer service is for a epiled based light. I think a few chinese based company should have stuck with the three watt led. Hell some of the biggest and baddest grows were done on here going back three or four years with 1 watt led lights by the great SEYMOUR BUDS

Populargrow/galaxy still has 100X3w I think...was looking the other day on ebay....i'll be pissed if 3w lights become impossible to find!! (limited vertical as you know) If you know something I don't please lmk...so I can get some cash together to grab a couple of spares in case I run into a problem

The one thing I know for sure there latest 300 watt comes with a heatsink my original did not. They sell them by the boatload they are going nowhere that I know of I know they emulated cree 3000 3070 and are more white and they come in three hundred watt now too but still do the original spectrum from what I have seen. One chip burnt out on my original that was ran 24/7 for most of its life it was bought in september 2014 the rest are still going strong and have no reason to think anything else at this point. That being said there is a lot of hours on my lights. my two 300s being the newest but at least they come with heat sinks now the one with out the heat sink is still working great just one less led due to burn out. But my son in law said it will be a easy fix

Decent yield from the Dinafem white widow. This is one plant of the 4 I have under the Amare se-450 best 460 watts To grow with in my opinion.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Led can be better if its an efficient panel. But most less expensive LEDs aren't more efficient. Efficiency is photons to heat ratio. Most hps are 20% photons to 80% heat. Most Cree cobs or Cree diodes are 40-60% photons to heat. That's where you can save. Panels like Mars hydro and kind are the same as hps. 20-30% photons to heat. So basically if you have a 20% efficient hps against a 20% efficient led the heat and light will be exactly the same.

Where people think led saves is they go off of the claimed wattage. A Mars 600 that draws 260 watts at the wall. One room Mars 600 and one room 600w hps the Mars will be absolutely cooler because it's only drawing 260w but the par watts on the Mars is closer to 60 and the hps par watts are closer to 120 so to equal the same light you would need 2 Mars to equal the one hps putting heat and light output the same.

Yea, but 250W actual draw LED has much better light spectrum than 250W HPS, right? So it's better. Or I am wrong? Anyhow I must have ventilation system in my tent, with HPS or with LED.

Yea, but 250W actual draw LED has much better light spectrum than 250W HPS, right? So it's better. Or I am wrong? Anyhow I must have ventilation system in my tent, with HPS or with LED.
From my reading and observation over the past few months the blue/ red/ purple or blurple is sort of being phased out. Amare and Apache are probably the finest lights going and they do have deep colors too but they are leaning more towards white. Hps to the human eye appears only to be more of the warm white while led appears to fill the whole McRee curve but the hps does provide enough in all nm to be sufficient.

Don't get me wrong I'm a led guy to the end but most less expensive LEDs don't really do better things than hps. They all grow and grow amazing stuff.

I am guessing future belongs to 3000K COBs then... We will see... Thanks @BigSm0 . :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back