Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as you are careful not to believe the complete bollocks spouted by companies and buy a sensible cheap LED panel that has the basics (full spectrum, 3w bulbs and a warranty) then whatever you buy is still going to be the equivalent of buying a laptop instead of an HPS typewriter.

Seeds are still seeds, give them the right environment and they'll grow but it's always down to the individual what light source they use. As with anything in life you get what you pay for so if you want to save money by buying very cheap from alibaba then that's down to you but there's no point complaining you don't get the bargain of a lifetime, high end grow panel for pennies when you receive a basic but capable panel.

If anybody believes that someone can sell you the equivalent of a Ferarri for peanuts it's time to get someone else to look after your credit card! :grin:

[video=youtube;ZaGNAL_u-SU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaGNAL_u-SU[/video]

Make sure you do your homework wtih alibaba too.I have heard of people ordering high end equipment and end up with a t shirt. At least they hold your money in escrow. Alibaba is a wholeasle website. You can get samples via alibaba but aliexpress is for a retail customers. From my experience with led lights I see no hps on the planet that will touch the led tech that is now available IMO I can take a 180 watt draw apollo and grow a 500 gram auto extreme under it. Is there a HPS out there that can do that with close to comparable watt output wow that is cool can i get the link to that bulb i want to try it. Sorry to I am not a scientist so I get lost very easy when big words are used And I am not being funny either just truthfull

I want to see that 500 gram plant grown under 180 watts. This forum has a lot of record breaking people and plants...

I have purchased from Chinese manufacturers on 2 occasions . Cidly and Lumini without incident .They were both very cooperative and were allowed to specify the spectrum needed to grow cannabis . I have absolutely no doubt about the quality of their products and appear to be well built . Are they effective ?? So far so good but I still have 6 weeks until maturity . This whole area of led lights seems to me to be in it's infant stage with much more to be learned but as always 买家要保持谨慎 as the Chinese would say . :cool:

I clicked that grow, and it said "Rebel upgraded"? Doesnt sound like old tech to me.
On another Topic someone said you could even yield big on using candles, I think that might be true. But that should not be the Standard reference for average growers.

As long as you are careful not to believe the complete bollocks spouted by companies and buy a sensible cheap LED panel that has the basics (full spectrum, 3w bulbs and a warranty) then whatever you buy is still going to be the equivalent of buying a laptop instead of an HPS typewriter.
You need just one white led and its full spectrum.
3W Leds cant run on 3W, typically around 1,5-2,2W (depending on colour; blue more 2,2W, red 1,5W) -but its "sold" as "we run our leds soft for better performance"
This is why you find usually a 100x 3W led panel running on 180W-200W or something like that instead of 300W.

What I found most disturbing for people is that "expensive" doesnt mean its put into quality. If you buy them for cheap, I think its fine. But usually there are so many resellers that promise you the world. They take a 70$ alibaba light, put their logo on it (you can do that sometimes directly on ordering on alibaba) and then charge e.g. 450$ for the same tech. But they have a nice looking website, wrong spectrum charts, lots of fake facts, even things like satisfaction guarantuee -(which they dont hold true to, once people actually want their money back). And it sadens me that I have seen plenty of growers fall for that and in the end say "Led sucks", "its not there yet" "in future maybe".

This whole area of led lights seems to me to be in it's infant stage
its actually not, you can go easily go to digikey.com and order leds that give you 200lm/W and more, driven on the right currents.

then you could go to a big seller like satisled.com that sells chinese leds directly and compare that
http://www.satisled.com/50pcstube-3...olcoldice-white-10000k15000k25000k_p1110.html

Last edited:
I have purchased from Chinese manufacturers on 2 occasions . Cidly and Lumini without incident .They were both very cooperative and were allowed to specify the spectrum needed to grow cannabis . I have absolutely no doubt about the quality of their products and appear to be well built . Are they effective ?? So far so good but I still have 6 weeks until maturity . This whole area of led lights seems to me to be in it's infant stage with much more to be learned but as always 买家要保持谨慎 as the Chinese would say . :cool:

Ive been helping someone with the choices of there custom Apollo recently and I was disappointed to learn they now only offer a 120° secondary optic,great for veg not so much for bloom.

Vibe Warning - Lax

Hi Lax

I'm recieving numerous reported posts - mostly yours.

It's coming accross like you're on the verge of "trolling" certain members.
Please stop this or we will have to break out the rule book.

Please be nice - we've got some great LED growers and discussion is all good, but it's not coming accross well.

All the best

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back