Dinafem KonopCH Critical+ 2.0 and White widow XXL

Day 12...
Seems that WW XXL is caught up CR+ 2.0. They are now equal in width. She has red stems? I doubt it's P deficiency at that age... Genetics, @Dinafem-Mark? @Waira, please look at this.

You are correct this is a genetic trait from our white widow auto she can show red stems. If it is yiur leaf stems then it is genetic if it is the main stem it could be either a temperature issue or a deficiency. As everything else looks great I'm confident this is a genetic trait :thumbsup:

Both plants are showing some super growth. Great root structure and defiteky ready for that extra medium to spread those roots out :slap:

Can I ask why did you do a repot and not start in your finish pots?

I see this is a big topic as potting up can cause stress and we advise that plants are germinated and then potted into there finish pots asap to reduce stress/pot shock and can focus on root development as fast as possible :thumbsup:

Nice to see you trying different techniques but I do think you would benefit from no potting up and so silk the plants :bong:

Looking great and thanks for the update :thumbsup:

Wil l be back in on the next one mate :bong:

All the best

Mark..

@Dinafem-Mark thank you for explanation!
I started in 250ml cups because I wanted to choose only the best two seedlings out of four.

As you can see, they don't even care about that. I was little worried because I re-poted from soil to 70% perlite and 30% coco. But they don't mind at all.

In my opinion and my practice, they take okay re-potting if it's done at the right time. You just need "soft hand".

I started in 250ml cups because I wanted to choose only the best two seedlings out of four.

As you can see, they don't even care about that. I was little worried because I re-poted from soil to 70% perlite and 30% coco. But they don't mind at all.

In my opinion and my practice, they take okay re-potting if it's done at the right time. You just need "soft hand".

It is working for you brother and working well :thumbsup:

They made the transition to the perlite/coco medium and are looking great :bong:

All the best

Mark.

I agree, if done right and in the right time frame, plants don't mind the transplant at all. In fact, I think they grow faster from the start vs larger pots. However, the reason most breeders and people recommend starting in final pot is to reduce stress. I recently started 4 seeds and kept them in the small cups to start. I got busy and left them in the Cups a few days longer than I normally would. They were transplanted, and took it fine. But, that extra few days stunted them from getting rootbound. They are healthy, just smaller than they would be if they were transplanted at the right time. My own fault, but that's ok.

I agree, if done right and in the right time frame, plants don't mind the transplant at all. In fact, I think they grow faster from the start vs larger pots. However, the reason most breeders and people recommend starting in final pot is to reduce stress. I recently started 4 seeds and kept them in the small cups to start. I got busy and left them in the Cups a few days longer than I normally would. They were transplanted, and took it fine. But, that extra few days stunted them from getting rootbound. They are healthy, just smaller than they would be if they were transplanted at the right time. My own fault, but that's ok.

I wonder if they will "catch up" non-transplanted plants... This would be great test with the same clones... Anyone? Let's AFN mythbust this... :biggrin:

Day 24...

They're finally in new home!! :d5:

Yes, I waited too long (see roots) but I didn't have empty place. They will be good now, can't wait to see them explode. I should have "sweet troubles" because tent is already full? :smoking:

WW XXL on the right... She didn't respond well after topping and she's smaller than CR+ 2.0. Or maybe is just small strain and take topping well... who knows... :pop:

Day 24...

They're finally in new home!! :d5:

Yes, I waited too long (see roots) but I didn't have empty place. They will be good now, can't wait to see them explode. I should have "sweet troubles" because tent is already full? :smoking:

WW XXL on the right... She didn't respond well after topping and she's smaller than CR+ 2.0. Or maybe is just small strain and take topping well... who knows... :pop:
Watch for the roots, they can start blocking your Autovalves. They look good, your going to need a new tent in 2 weeks. Good job, Critical+ gets big.

@slowandeasy yea, I know. I have gold disc in tray, so I expect they'll not grow anymore. They grow now because I hand water them till yesterday and didn't have discs under.

I don't have place for another tent, I will SCROG them in a week... This will be my first SCROG, so any advice how to start is welcome. Maybe one cola to south and one to north?

Back