I can attest that the kind soil is worth it I mean just look at this little baby growing in it . View attachment 569302View attachment 569303
are you using phosphoric acid? that organ rust burns your seeing on the plant is almost 100% of the time phosphoric acids being used or the PH of the water being too acidic.. sorry i just want to check

@Kindsoil I was wondering if you have had any lab analysis work done on your product ?

The reason I ask is it seems to me that more states and municipalities are heading in the direction of MA and NV as far as regs for licensed suppliers and are requiring soil analysis for contaminates, metals, and PCB's

I haven't looked into the legislative end of it in about a year but I think WA, CA, and CO were also heading more in that direction back then as well.

Personally I've been more concerned with where my location's regs are heading as of late so I haven't stayed on top of it nationally.

Thanks. :pass:
all our soils are level tested by MSU labs & we just recently sent tests to another out of state company, which i cannot remember the exact name but they will be providing our guaranteed analysis label in a month or so hopefully. We do not test for metals or PCBS, we are not a typical "SOIL" our media is peat and coir so the general levels of metals, contaminates and PCBS generally revolve in outdoor ground type soils. Nothing goes into our media other than OMRI certified amendments, our coco coir and our peat is also provided by a OMRI certified company. our cotton seed meal, soy meal are non-gmo certified.

are you using phosphoric acid? that organ rust burns your seeing on the plant is almost 100% of the time phosphoric acids being used or the PH of the water being too acidic.. sorry i just want to check
I tried to ph some tap when I was out of distilled and I used wonderful to ph I quickly switched back to distilled and had no problems

one of the largest reasons why our soils costs are so high is that we will only use the best and cleanest amendments we can obtain. One of the added costs to that is the OMRI certifications and NON-GMO certifications they carry which generally increase the prices. But quality, specific grades etc.. all play a role into our costs also. I remember 6+ years ago when we started we would buy every brand of every amendment we could obtain..you'd be very surprised at the differences in quality between companies .. from excess stalks and waste being in some companies to very old and dried out amendments.. I've seen brown alfalfa meal in companies packages .. white shrimp meal when it should be flamingo pink.. even when we were checking out worm castings.. there were companies that had massive amounts of water in them, bags that didn't properly weigh consistently, we found fresh green lettuce leaves and other stuff inside some companies.. different humus companies have different make ups too.. one specific one we tested weight 15lbs ... out of that 15 lbs when we sifted it, 7 lbs was literally branches and pea gravel. we spent a lot of time getting the companies in order we deal with to ensure the quality of our product is beyond any other.

I tried to ph some tap when I was out of distilled and I used wonderful to ph I quickly switched back to distilled and had no problems
:) k i thought so, its generally the only issue i see.. but you can adjust your tap with no issues just use earth juice crystals. its used very sparingly i generally use 1/4tsp for 15 gallons to take the water from 7.5-6.6 range so if you were adjusting something small like a single gallon you'd literally be using like 10 earth juice crystals or something extremely small

:) k i thought so, its generally the only issue i see.. but you can adjust your tap with no issues just use earth juice crystals. its used very sparingly i generally use 1/4tsp for 15 gallons to take the water from 7.5-6.6 range so if you were adjusting something small like a single gallon you'd literally be using like 10 earth juice crystals or something extremely small
Yes I have some now but I didn't when I made the mistake.. Basically I got lazy

man thats fantastic!! Thanks. I ment more like if you use say a little too much soil for a grow and there is still sum fun left in it, can you boost it with a few recommended items or also,I found this interesting.Im not being negative at all about it just threw me kinda a lot to be honest.But,the leftover soil Im waiting to use I stuck in a container not really air tight and it was ofcourse sweating but I noticed it naturally compacted with a small amount but when I grabbed and smelled it ,it was SUUUPER heavy of ammonia. Like bad casting bad times three or something. was very odd for me for a living soil. was curious on your thoughts.is that common trait for sleeping soil of yours?

Back