Yes, look at the grows in the commune and official test thread.

Yes take a good look at links in my signature as well as the live grows going on in the test grow thread and the Commune
And can you add some nutrients, microbes and shit? I saw some pics of a huge tree... Where can I order in Europe. Will check tomorrow in more details. It's late and I'm braindead.

And can you add some nutrients, microbes and shit? I saw some pics of a huge tree... Where can I order in Europe. Will check tomorrow in more details. It's late and I'm braindead.
Do not need to add anything and you can order from Amazon.. If you add anything you better hope it doesn't kill the microbes in the soil

Do not need to add anything and you can order from Amazon.. If you add anything you better hope it doesn't kill the microbes in the soil
Hmm. So this vs any soil and nutrients (Advanced Nutrients let's say) how would this be compared? Would it give me same end result?

Hmm. So this vs any soil and nutrients (Advanced Nutrients let's say) how would this be compared? Would it give me same end result?
Well you would have to do a comparison all I know is what I got from it in my grow 245 grams dry weight from one plant was pretty good

I found a good analogy for doing TLO/Supersoil type grows in a thread over in the organics section of the forums a while back. The thread is a good intro to TLO that pretty much sold me on the idea and then led me to trying out Kindsoil.

Since Kindsoil is a similar type grow method but without having to mix and "cook" the soil yourself, I thought I'd share X's analogy here:

If you haven't been in the military in the last 10 or so years, or been through a serious natural disaster (hurricane/tornado/etc.), you probably don't know what an MRE is... It's the meals the govt. feeds our troops in isolated areas and hands out to civilians during a natural emergency, when there's no power/fuel is in short supply/etc... Meals Ready to Eat.

Back around the turn of the 20th century, when I was a kid :D , I loved going to Maw Maw's... She had a garden, chickens, and a smokehouse... old school. When we'd get to Maw Maw's, the table would already be set with more different kinds of food and baked stuff than could ever be eaten by us all (2parents/6 kids). I loved some of the stuff and I didn't like some of the stuff (brussel sprouts - YUK! :lol: ) But, the point is, there was such a wide choice, in abundance, it didn't matter if you didn't like something that was on the table, you were getting full anyway... full of home-cooked, freshly harvested, and baked from scratch, nutrition... and there were always leftovers.

On the other hand, the MRE has a very well balance meal in it. Most of it doesn't taste very good but it will keep you alive and relatively healthy... if you eat the whole meal, everytime. But, the reality of eating MRE's is this: There is something in almost every MRE that the person who is eating it, will only eat it if it is a matter of survival... it does not appeal to them... maybe to the point of disgust... so it is frequently discarded, leaving the person with the MRE short of nutrition in some area. When there is a group, there is almost always trading of contents, seldom based on nutritional value. In some instances, food that is discarded from an MRE, would be enjoyed by the same person, if it were fresh and properly prepared.

In my mind, using supersoils/TLO is like eating at Maw Maw's. Everything is there on the table, perfectly prepared. It doesn't matter what the plant wants/needs or doesn't want/need, it is there for the plant to take or leave... and there are always leftovers.

Likewise, from my perspective, starting with a fresh mix every time and adding nutes as you go, is similar to feeding a plant MRE style. You start with a good mix and you have a fert regimen that is proven to work. (All the nutrition a plant needs in a nice package) You've done this before. You're good at it. You know how to fix deficiencies when they show. But, suddenly... "CRAP! Why are my friggin' leaves yellowing on the tips???" you're thinking... you know, this looks like a K problem but, if it get worse... it might be P... heck! Are those little spots??? Is it a zinc thing?? Geez... it's probably just lockout. My soil pH probably got out of whack... maybe I'll just flush them good and check the run-off while I'm at it... Oh crap!! my runoff is at 5!! How did that happen??? AND on, and on, and on...

I have just described a scenario (MRE scenario) similar to situations I have personally experienced and seen played out over and over in the grow infirmary. For me, since there is a clear alternative, I don't posses enough mental energy to fool with it.

That is my view on the difference between what the two methods offer, which is probably enough for now. Next, we'll start putting the food on the table... :peace:

Oooo I just checked Amazon and found pictures with explanations.. My way of learning :)). Interesting indeed. I'm so poor right now I don't have money for nutrients. Maybe I give it a go. Good job!

Edit: DOES NOT SHIP TO MY COUNTRY. HELP! Any EU supplier?

Last edited:
Oooo I just checked Amazon and found pictures with explanations.. My way of learning :)). Interesting indeed. I'm so poor right now I don't have money for nutrients. Maybe I give it a go. Good job!

Edit: DOES NOT SHIP TO MY COUNTRY. HELP! Any EU supplier?
Go directly to kindsoil web page just google it.

Back