Indoor keeping the heat down with a carbon filter..?? help please

G

growbewan

Ok, here is the scenerio, ive got a 4X4X7 grow tent, and a 1000watt hps, with a ventilating fan with 720 cfm. when I installed the unit, I put two holes in the ceiling, both going into the attic. They are both for circulating air through the hps reflector, to obviously keep the heat down. Where I live, its not uncommon to be around 100 degrees outside, and I have central air, and I also bought a window unit for this room specifically. so keeping the room cool wont be an issue. However, when i need to put my carbon filter in, the air will obviously be drawn through that, then through the reflector, then up into the attic. well the problem is, will this room be effective in staying cool, when all the cool air from the ac is just being sucked through the carbon filter, etc, and up the attic? Im basically gonna be a/c'ing the attic. any ideas?? is this gonna be possible?? :no:
Time coming short, and im gonna need a carbon scrubber within the next two weeks, i estimate..so please please, help me! thank you everyone!

what about cooling the room itself? should I also pull that same air that im re circulating into the room through the reflector also? or do I have to go buy a whole new fan for that? man this is starting to confuse the shit outta me..haha

Ideal is having one fan blowing just threw the light from a cool source outside the tent and a smaller fan suck threw a scrubber in the tent. Or go led as I am.. Gl man

MAN!!! It gets up to 100 in Antactica???? Sorry couldnt help myself I like the Adz method.. that way you pull the air and heat from the light and it goes into the attic, and have a filter pulling from the room,cool, scrubbing, then back into the room to be cooled again. I wish that I had set up mine that way... maybe next time

thanks for the help everyone, i guess ill have to cross that bridge in a few weeks..and yeah man, its hotter than hell down here with the polar bears and penguins..the national geographic channel is full of shit!

For a tent that size your fan may be too big. I was working the other way trying to keep heat in my tent which is just a bit bigger then yours, although less wattage and my fan pulled out the air faster than it could warm up and my fan is less than 200 CFM can't remember the exact size. My low tech solution was to throw a nitted hat over the exhaust to limit the amount of air being pulled out. The high tech solution would be a controller that turns on your fans when you hit a set temperature.

yeah, but i need this type of suction to control the odor too. eh im in kind of a jam, and i wasnt too keen on buyin another fan, seeing as to how ive already dropped 1500 on this system, but i may just have to.

Your total grow space is about 120 sq ft and with a 700 cfm fan you are turning that air over5-6 times a minute. A speed control on your fan may help too, they are like dimmer switches, but can kill some fans.

yeah i dont have speed control on my fan. I do have a thermostat that i bought though, so when the temp gets to where i want it, it shuts the fan down until the differential is made up again to restart it. thatll def help. think im gonna need another fan for my carbon filter

Back