Jraven's New Soil. Time to dig in.

Man you cooking good now ,i got some shit for ya ,How far do you have to go to get your mail.LOL.Do they fly it in or just drop it on top of your house.LOL.When do we get to see some pics of the bay.I like pics of the boat to.I am a land lover now.Be hearing from me soon.Peace
Right brother we'll get that together.
The mail comes out by plane to the village, we're a few miles away. Hop in the skiff its just a few minutes away. Someone usually goes over there every couple few days.

Love him burner , I have one of the few hard wood mills in Australia Just down the road . Looks like I will be going there on the weekend as they burn a lot of there scrap timber .
Yep I suppose you've seen there's a fair amount of information online about it. They say to charge/innoculate in EWC. I wonder if you've got a choice of species or if that matters much.

Looks like I've got 90+gallons that's more than enough for the sunroom grow.

P_20170221_155645_1_p.jpg

The Biochar looks great, have you charged it with anything yet? I charge mine with LAB, Molasses been throwing in some mycorrhizal too. I personally think its one of the most underrated amendments, really can charge it with anything.

The Biochar looks great, have you charged it with anything yet? I charge mine with LAB, Molasses been throwing in some mycorrhizal too. I personally think its one of the most underrated amendments, really can charge it with anything.

No, I haven't charged it yet...thanks for the reminder lol. I need to do that right now! Was going to use EWC. May as well add the myco and bacteria. Hey bro, how much biochar do use in your soil? I'm pretty sure i don't have enough. I'm making another batch now.
Thanks for popping by!

Base Mix
80 gallons used soil
1 cubic ft EWC
1 cubic ft Mushroom compost
Divided in two, here's my tentative recipe for the 1st half
40 gallons base soil
0.5c bat guano 0-7-0
0.5c bat guano 9-3-1
1c composted steer manure
3c fishbone meal
3c alfalfa meal
3c neem meal
3c kelp meal
1/2c feather meal
1c blood meal
1/2c egg shell
1/2c shrimp shell
1/4 cup crab shell
1/4 c Epsom salt
1/2 c azomite
1/2 c diatomaceous earth
1.5c hydrated horticultural lime
2c rock phosphate
1/4c gypsum
1c Cascade Minerals soil booster
2T Humagic
Biochar...2 cups charged with EWC.
I have Organicare grow and bloom crystals, was going to ask @Eyes on Fire how much to add. Bro, I've recalled you recommend them but havent found a quantity yet. Also open to any critique, my math is shaky today.
DSCN2574.JPG
Sheesh that was long winded:haha:
Anyway it's a start.
Happy Growing friends
DSCN2464_1.jpg

ohhh, MAN, I wished I had landscape like that to take stills of. even time laspe video. DUDE, if you like art photography bro? , try night time long exposure looping. just really long time lapse at night. if you have a waterfall (check out the Japanese guy who does this) ,take a pic in the evening with a stupidly long exposure and the wonder of the pics like that are truly wonderously wonderful and exceptionally unique HANDS DOWN. and you have a region to do that in.minus maybe the water falls,but clear blue crystal clear lakes at all? sure if perfectly beautiful :)

hey bro, ill be happy to take a longer peek at your mix bro and give you some recommendations. Im just insanely tired and mentally just tapped bro. ill catch you in the AM bro,have a good'un

ohhh, MAN, I wished I had landscape like that to take stills of. even time laspe video. DUDE, if you like art photography bro? , try night time long exposure looping. just really long time lapse at night. if you have a waterfall (check out the Japanese guy who does this) ,take a pic in the evening with a stupidly long exposure and the wonder of the pics like that are truly wonderously wonderful and exceptionally unique HANDS DOWN. and you have a region to do that in.minus maybe the water falls,but clear blue crystal clear lakes at all? sure if perfectly beautiful :)

hey bro, ill be happy to take a longer peek at your mix bro and give you some recommendations. Im just insanely tired and mentally just tapped bro. ill catch you in the AM bro,have a good'un
I bet you'd kill it with a camera here man. I'm just a point and shooter but yep lots of scenery stuff around here. We've got a dandy waterfall up behind us here on our creek. I love going up there cause the air is super oxygen rich..Lakes tend to be darkish because of tannins etc, and Hard to get to lol, rugged ass going.
Yea manana man I'm stuck in the chair now.
:pass:

Base Mix
80 gallons used soil
1 cubic ft EWC
1 cubic ft Mushroom compost
Divided in two, here's my tentative recipe for the 1st half
40 gallons base soil
0.5c bat guano 0-7-0
0.5c bat guano 9-3-1
1c composted steer manure
3c fishbone meal
3c alfalfa meal
3c neem meal
3c kelp meal
1/2c feather meal
1c blood meal
1/2c egg shell
1/2c shrimp shell
1/4 cup crab shell
1/4 c Epsom salt
1/2 c azomite
1/2 c diatomaceous earth
1.5c hydrated horticultural lime
2c rock phosphate
1/4c gypsum
1c Cascade Minerals soil booster
2T Humagic
Biochar...2 cups charged with EWC.
I have Organicare grow and bloom crystals, was going to ask @Eyes on Fire how much to add. Bro, I've recalled you recommend them but havent found a quantity yet. Also open to any critique, my math is shaky today. View attachment 706682 Sheesh that was long winded:haha:
Anyway it's a start.
Happy Growing friends
View attachment 706681
take a breather, lol, impressive recipe!

Back