Jraven's Alaska Sunroom Grow

Fishings been real slow so we're taking the opportunity to put up some of the winter stash... Here's a smoker load of coho salmon. Most of this will be lightly smoked and put into jars.
P_20160831_142612_1_p.jpg

This Deep Blue C got chopped. It had a much better root system than the first round of plants...I was more careful with the watering but the drainage is still poor in the pot, it was wet in the bottom. There was some GBD soil in the bottom and it does appear that the roots reached it. This was a late transplant from a small pot and it stayed small at @ 15".
DSCN1530.JPG

Here's some of my OxEZryder. These 3-in-a-pot spent the summer outside but are now in the solarium and are showing some frost. They were 5 and I pulled 2 males.

DSCN1539.JPG

Here's a couple that grew in the solarium, spending most of their veg period in small cups. They're getting it on pretty well now. They are 25" and 24" inches tall.
DSCN1536.JPG

DSCN1537.JPG

Here's somethin to whet your appetite
P_20160806_172113.jpg

And a little breakfast
P_20160731_070747_1_p.jpg

Anywho, hope this finds you all having a good time my friends.

Last edited:
Fishings been real slow so we're taking the opportunity to put up some of the winter stash... Here's a smoker load of coho salmon. Most of this will be lightly smoked and put into jars.
View attachment 624797

This Deep Blue C got chopped. It had a much better root system than the first round of plants...I was more careful with the watering but the drainage is still poor in the pot, it was wet in the bottom. There was some GBD soil in the bottom and it does appear that the roots reached it. This was a late transplant from a small pot and it stayed small at @ 15".
View attachment 624804

Here's some of my OxEZryder. These 3-in-a-pot spent the summer outside but are now in the solarium and are showing some frost. They were 5 and I pulled 2 males.

View attachment 624813
Here's a couple that grew in the solarium, spending most of their veg period in small cups. They're getting it on pretty well now. They are 25" and 24" inches tall.
View attachment 624814

View attachment 624815
Here's somethin to whet your appetite
View attachment 624816

And a little breakfast
View attachment 624861
Anywho, hope this finds you all having a good time my friends.
man, your smoked salmon looks great! deep blue has a nice ripe look

Thanks for the good vibes everyone... the fish is a big part of our winter stash, I love warm from the smoker but the jars are nice too later on.
This DBC is heavier and stickier than the earlier ones, it had a reasonable root system unlike the others. Looking forward to toking this one.
Oh yea also I see I have more rep points than I used to and haven't had any notifications so Thank You to all who have contributed! :pass:

Reading through your entire thread, I felt like I was reading a book!!! Lots of stuff going on for you!!!! I've never been to AK, and I have always wanted to go, and reading your thread is making me want to go even more now!!! Are the winters bad, other than the near complete darkness??

Hey @GodAmJT bro thanks for stopping by, glad you enjoyed the read. You know there's a lot of different climate aspects to AK. In this part of the state we have @5-6 hours daylight in the dead of winter and the weather I would describe as mild maritime generally not usually real cold or snowy..Kind of like the Cascade foothills in northern Washington state... To enjoy the winter here where I'm at, a person wants to have something to do. There's not a lot happening so ya gotta make it up lol.

lol I get what you're saying!! I have some friends who were stationed down in Anchorage, and he was originally from Louisiana, so his first winter there was a mind-blowing experience, to say the least!! I live outside of Boston, so we get the dreary, sometimes exceptionally snowy winters, and we definitely get more daylight than that, but not a ton more.. I'd say we get about 8-9hrs of daylight in the dead of winter.. Nothing like going to work and it's dark, and going home from work, and it's dark!! lol I'd be hard-pressed to convince the wife to move out that way though, as she's a fan of perpetual summertime, so we had considered moving down South.. Doesn't mean I still don't want to go up to AK someday and enjoy the nature up there!!! I could definitely find stuff to do like fishing, hunting, snowmobiling; stuff like that!!! Can't really do that on a regular basis where I'm at..

Back