Jraven's Alaska Sunroom Grow 2017

The girls from the nursery just got set in to 1 gallon pots
Two 24 Carat
DSCN3104.JPG

Fairy Frost and Moon Tears
DSCN3105.JPG

I had a little portal runt also ,it turned into a nice little beast.You really got a nice selection of strains going bud.Stoked to see some flowering,when it starts.How many hour of light do the photos get this time of year.I just harvested a Blackstone and Fairy Frost.That Blackstone put me to sleep in the middle of the day,and i never take naps.LOLPeace please

I had a little portal runt also ,it turned into a nice little beast.You really got a nice selection of strains going bud.Stoked to see some flowering,when it starts.How many hour of light do the photos get this time of year.I just harvested a Blackstone and Fairy Frost.That Blackstone put me to sleep in the middle of the day,and i never take naps.LOLPeace please

Well it's daylight from 4am to 10 pm but the sunroom only gets maybe 8 hours direct. I'm not sure that my photoperiod plants have gotten the good start this season that they needed to finish nicely. I'm used to that, I often enjoy what I get from them even though the buds are airy and less frosty.
I'd love to get a good harvest from the Black Stone, that's a goal for me to get something very sleep-inducing. I figure this season is going to help me figure out what works, next time I can grow way less plants hehe.

Lovely little shot of the harbour there... what's the population in your neck of the woods?
So I assume you and your wife must keep quite a bit of salmon for your own stockpile -- do you smoke it? can it? freeze? Do you have a hell of a fall season trying to prepare for winter and storing all the goods you'll need?

Those plants are looking good! I just checked out all the Portal strains that you have growing and they sound pretty awesome... some might make it on to my 2018 grow list. I love strain names and things like "Stone Dragon" and "Fairy Frost" are right up my alley :p

Lovely little shot of the harbour there... what's the population in your neck of the woods?
So I assume you and your wife must keep quite a bit of salmon for your own stockpile -- do you smoke it? can it? freeze? Do you have a hell of a fall season trying to prepare for winter and storing all the goods you'll need?

Those plants are looking good! I just checked out all the Portal strains that you have growing and they sound pretty awesome... some might make it on to my 2018 grow list. I love strain names and things like "Stone Dragon" and "Fairy Frost" are right up my alley :p
The plants are ok, but way behind schedule but I'm used to that...some springs are just that way:) I have to be kind to myself when comparing my grow with other folks on the forum! We've had seasons where starting early worked good.
I like what I've heard about the Portals too, I may not get a huge yield but I should have a great variety. They sure do come up with the cool names.
Our population is @60 I think these days. It's based around the troll fleet there's still a hand full of us left.
We do can,smoke and freeze salmon. Most of that happens as the season winds down in September. We're very much in the habit of having all we need to get through the winter. That includes a foraging trip to Seattle hehe, at least as long as my mother in law is still around:). We need to be home and settled in by the end of October.

Jraven , I recon it is awesome how you grow and deal with the climate you have and as for comparing your grows to others , you are way above most with what you have to deal with , so in my eyes your grows are every bit as good if not better . :thumbsup: :slap:

Jraven , I recon it is awesome how you grow and deal with the climate you have and as for comparing your grows to others , you are way above most with what you have to deal with , so in my eyes your grows are every bit as good if not better . :thumbsup: :slap:

Thanks for that my friend. Sure I could wish for better growing conditions but I love where I am and have to take the bad with the good. I'm still adjusting to the sunroom . Before that they were pretty exposed.I never even tried to grow good weed though just the local ditchweed well I tried a few but it was ridiculous. This grow is kind of scary right now but that's often the case lol...I know it'll be ok in the end. The sunroom has it's own challenges just have to figure it out.

Back