Indoor Iriee Vibez True Living Organic Gorilla Glue Battle ------ Autoseeds vs. Fast Buds

Beautiful photos!

Thanks FA! As you know, as a great weed photographer, it’s much easier to take beautiful photos when the subject is beautiful! I had one plant last year that I could not post a picture. Haha!

is that coconut husk mulch? im using straw, but yours looks more clean and easier to manage..hmm might have to try it soon..and your gg looks stockier than mine did so far...although i couldnt see the bud stems to well...i couldnt figure out how such large buds could come out of such thin stems..very odd..! yours may stretch a bit yet..

is that coconut husk mulch? im using straw, but yours looks more clean and easier to manage..hmm might have to try it soon..and your gg looks stockier than mine did so far...although i couldnt see the bud stems to well...i couldnt figure out how such large buds could come out of such thin stems..very odd..! yours may stretch a bit yet..
Hey Ron! Good eye! Yes, that is coconut husk mulch. I dont have any complanits, but also don't have anything to compare to! Haha! I am heading home after a long weekend away. I am hoping that they stretched a bit!

Day 40 Autoseeds Gorilla Glue
Day 33 Fast Buds Gorilla Glue

The plants are just cruising along in early flower. AS is stacking buds nicely, and FB is developing new bud sites every day. FB seems to have made up some ground on AS, as she no longer is a week away in development. Maybe four days now.

Though the fans are very distinct on each plant, the flowers look amazingly similar at the same stage. They both look like they will have that classic bright light green GG bud color.

Autoseeds (AS) is still stretching a bit, but I would like more. She is now only about 16 inches from soil. She does have quite a few tops and an open structure that allows all the buds to get direct light. So, she has the potential to be a decent yielder. The nodes are tight, so watching her flowers develop should be a lot of fun.

GG Day 40 and 33 - 5.jpg
GG Day 40 and 33 - 3.jpg
GG Day 40 and 33 - 4.jpg
GG Day 40 and 33 - 2.jpg

Fast Buds (FB) will be the taller plant based on her growth during the first flowering week. A very beautiful plant.

GG Day 40 and 33 - 10.jpg
GG Day 40 and 33 - 9.jpg
GG Day 40 and 33 - 11.jpg
GG Day 40 and 33 - 13.jpg

Lastly, my Mephistopheles CDLC decided to sprout this morning. I am really looking forward to seeing what she does!

GG Day 40 and 33 - 1.jpg
GG Day 40 and 33 - 14.jpg

I probably will start to brew my compost tea tomorrow night, targeting a Friday night feeding. It will be a flowering tea mix that should invigorate the soil and give the plants all they can handle through flowering all the way to harvest. I plan to feed water only from there on. This has been a really fun ride, so far. I am all in on organic soil growing, but I do notice a clear size difference compared to DWC growing.

Attachments

• GG Day 40 and 33 - 12.jpg
    GG Day 40 and 33 - 12.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 74
Looking great as always! What type of organic soil do you use?

Hey FA! Thanks man. The plants and soil are doing all the work. I am mostly trying to keep Fromm doing too much and getting in the way! I am using Nature's Living Soil, mixed with Roots Organic, and supplemented with earthworm castings so far, so good!

Last edited:
Day 43 Autoseeds Gorilla Glue
Day 36 Fast Buds Gorilla Glue

Okay, I made my first big mistake as an organic newbie. When I top dressed the plants with a mix of compost, earthworm castings, and bat gauno, I gave the AS a high phosphorous bat guano, since she was just going to start flowering, but I gave FB a high nitro bat guano mix because she was a week behind. I clearly underestimated the wait time before the top dressing becomes usable. The plants started to really react to the top dressing earlier this week, and have really charged up their budding. however, the high nitrogen bat guano caused some toxicity for FB. It wasn't bad, but I did see some clawing and the color is a bit darker than I prefer.

As planned, I started brewing up some flowering tea with high phosphorus bat guano on Wednesday. After work Friday, it was foaming nicely, so I applied to the plants. I have heard where a good compost tea can fix nitrogen issues in the soil, so I am hoping that's the case now. The plants have only had one night to enjoy the benefits of the tea, but I am already seeing a positive impact. Gains as my son calls it.

I gave the plants a little trim just to keep things open and bud sites exposed to light.

Autoseeds is showing ALOT of buds, and the nodes are tight enough to suggest some nice stacked colas are in my future. I am impressed with what she did during her second week of flowering. Her vertical growth is slowing down now, so I am hoping for some big old colas.

AS

GG Day 43 and 36 - 13.jpg
GG Day 43 and 36 - 5.jpg
GG Day 43 and 36 - 8.jpg
GG Day 43 and 36 - 9.jpg
GG Day 43 and 36 - 7.jpg

Fast Buds already looks to be getting over the slight nitrogen toxicity that was going on. I am a big fan of adding compost tea to an organic grow. It really is a nice natural elixir. The buds should love the new flowering mix. She is starting her second week of flower, so I expect big gains like AS had last week, plus she is still in early stretch, so may have a couple inches of growth too. The competition is definitely on.

GG Day 43 and 36 - 14.jpg
GG Day 43 and 36 - 1.jpg
GG Day 43 and 36 - 3.jpg
GG Day 43 and 36 - 2.jpg
GG Day 43 and 36 - 4.jpg

The little Mephisto CDLC is on Day 3 now. Nothing to note here yet.

GG Day 43 and 36 - 10.jpg
GG Day 43 and 36 - 11.jpg

My little slice of heaven.

GG Day 43 and 36 - 12.jpg

Cramped little space, but really all I need to always have a few jars of decent weed around.

Attachments

• GG Day 43 and 36 - 6.jpg
    GG Day 43 and 36 - 6.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 86
Day 43 Autoseeds Gorilla Glue
Day 36 Fast Buds Gorilla Glue

Okay, I made my first big mistake as an organic newbie. When I top dressed the plants with a mix of compost, earthworm castings, and bat gauno, I gave the AS a high phosphorous bat guano, since she was just going to start flowering, but I gave FB a high nitro bat guano mix because she was a week behind. I clearly underestimated the wait time before the top dressing becomes usable. The plants started to really react to the top dressing earlier this week, and have really charged up their budding. however, the high nitrogen bat guano caused some toxicity for FB. It wasn't bad, but I did see some clawing and the color is a bit darker than I prefer.

As planned, I started brewing up some flowering tea with high phosphorus bat guano on Wednesday. After work Friday, it was foaming nicely, so I applied to the plants. I have heard where a good compost tea can fix nitrogen issues in the soil, so I am hoping that's the case now. The plants have only had one night to enjoy the benefits of the tea, but I am already seeing a positive impact. Gains as my son calls it.

I gave the plants a little trim just to keep things open and bud sites exposed to light.

Autoseeds is showing ALOT of buds, and the nodes are tight enough to suggest some nice stacked colas are in my future. I am impressed with what she did during her second week of flowering. Her vertical growth is slowing down now, so I am hoping for some big old colas.

AS

View attachment 1141099View attachment 1141087View attachment 1141089View attachment 1141097View attachment 1141096

Fast Buds already looks to be getting over the slight nitrogen toxicity that was going on. I am a big fan of adding compost tea to an organic grow. It really is a nice natural elixir. The buds should love the new flowering mix. She is starting her second week of flower, so I expect big gains like AS had last week, plus she is still in early stretch, so may have a couple inches of growth too. The competition is definitely on.

View attachment 1141092View attachment 1141093View attachment 1141095View attachment 1141094View attachment 1141086

The little Mephisto CDLC is on Day 3 now. Nothing to note here yet.

View attachment 1141090View attachment 1141098

My little slice of heaven.

View attachment 1141091

Cramped little space, but really all I need to always have a few jars of decent weed around.
Looking good to me Iriee! I guess that's the challenge with organics, knowing when your feed is going to activate but your doing a great job for your first attempt :bighug:

Back