Lighting Introducing The Cannon, a 240 Watt powerhouse brought to you by BlackSailMarket.com

People have been telling me they can't see how big The Cannon is from our pictures:
cannon_size.jpg

Looks like Subcool gave me a shout out on Growtube Roundtable:smoking: A lot of people are shocked by how big it is, I need to start showing the scale better in my pics.:vibe: Growmau5 said he wants to try out The Cannon when he gets his garden up again, can't wait to see that shit!
Grow_Tube_1.png

nice if you have the space I guess but being restricted to a tent that's no more than 6.5ft I think these are too big for such a space. Hell, I'm getting rid of my COB based lights for Quantum boards I can get them, if need be to with in an inch of the ceiling of the tent. Now in an open space these would be quite useful. Seems though to buck the trend of more point sources at lower power.

nice if you have the space I guess but being restricted to a tent that's no more than 6.5ft I think these are too big for such a space. Hell, I'm getting rid of my COB based lights for Quantum boards I can get them, if need be to with in an inch of the ceiling of the tent. Now in an open space these would be quite useful. Seems though to buck the trend of more point sources at lower power.

I've seen some pretty big grows using COB lights (which is awesome,) curious how that would hold up in a larger area where you do have that overhead space. There are greenhouses out here that light the sky with blurple lol!

Now that would be a great use for them, hung high as its the DLI that greenhouses are looking for!

I've seen some pretty big grows using COB lights (which is awesome,) curious how that would hold up in a larger area where you do have that overhead space. There are greenhouses out here that light the sky with blurple lol!

Now that would be a great use for them, hung high as its the DLI that greenhouses are looking for!

We're going start on my new greenhouse here in the spring, just a bit over 700 square feet, 7 feet in the ground. A house burned down (insurance scam,) they removed the debris and the basement is in relatively decent shape. Thinking about building up the walls on the main (with a big fence around that, razor wire, and dogs,) but definitely new territory.

20181027_110018 - Copy.jpg

Put a hoop house over it, paint the inside bright white Boom! year around greenhouse with a little heat. Put a big compost pile in the middle in the winter for free heat and lots of CO2! I envy you that space!

:cheers::d5:

We're going start on my new greenhouse here in the spring, just a bit over 700 square feet, 7 feet in the ground. A house burned down (insurance scam,) they removed the debris and the basement is in relatively decent shape. Thinking about building up the walls on the main (with a big fence around that, razor wire, and dogs,) but definitely new territory.

View attachment 966838

Holy shit are you serious? Giant blurple greenhouses... kind of like Kanye, it'd be funny if it weren't so sad:smoking: Yeah man a big part of my thinking on The Cannon's design was to make COBs an easy option for bigger grows. No warehouses yet but it's on the horizon!

So for vertical clearance, without a reflector you'll want 16" between COB and canopy (that's on the safe side, I've gotten as close as 12" toward the end of flower with no burning at all), and the light is 13" tall including the driver mount and hanging bolt. In a 6.5' tent that'd leave you with 1' for the pot and 3' for the plants. With those nice, tight 3500K LED nodes 3' is plenty of vertical space to fill up a thick-ass canopy. A little training, maybe a net and you're good to go:smoking:

99B72F5D-C973-489D-9594-73C379640E42.jpeg
2 weeks from popping up...first 24 hours under light was at 16”...looked sulky..raised it to 22” and seedlings have started lifting up....will monitor and drop an inch or so if really prayingView attachment 967813

Last edited:
Back