Is an led and a heater going to save money on electricity

I run a 4x4 area with 4 different lights inside my home. All drivers are located on a rack above the grow with an ac infinity 4 inch drawing air by them with an inkbird handling intake fans. In cool weather, I simply add a 150 hps to the heat side of the inkbird...set all temps and it's smooth sailing.

I have mounted the driver for my indoors 4x2 with screws on the wall outside the tent. And when we recently moved, I just decided to put a little hook in the wall/drywall and hang it on that, outside the tent. I haven't had any issues at all with it.

My 4x4 in the old insulated garage would be a similar situation, but it was an uninsulated garage, so during colder months I would use those carbon filter straps to mount it to one of the tent poles to put a little warmth in the tent.

My Atreums use Meanwell drivers, I'm not sure how they would compare to the drivers on your Migro light.

I'm not sure, i think it would probably be better if it's not touching the wall. You can hang on a nail few centimeters from the wall, the driver has those little holes, just hang it like a picture :)

Currently i have the driver sitting on top of an old CPU heatsink, on the floor.
I guess I could mount it on top of a half inch piece of plywood on top of the drywall that should be all right

I run a 4x4 area with 4 different lights inside my home. All drivers are located on a rack above the grow with an ac infinity 4 inch drawing air by them with an inkbird handling intake fans. In cool weather, I simply add a 150 hps to the heat side of the inkbird...set all temps and it's smooth sailing.
Why do you have four different lights inside of a 4x4 grow room? Just wondering?

I have mounted the driver for my indoors 4x2 with screws on the wall outside the tent. And when we recently moved, I just decided to put a little hook in the wall/drywall and hang it on that, outside the tent. I haven't had any issues at all with it.

My 4x4 in the old insulated garage would be a similar situation, but it was an uninsulated garage, so during colder months I would use those carbon filter straps to mount it to one of the tent poles to put a little warmth in the tent.

My Atreums use Meanwell drivers, I'm not sure how they would compare to the drivers on your Migro light.
I will give you test results in an empty 4x2 interior closet of a house soon
450CFM 6 inch negative air pressure system

I guess I could mount it on top of a half inch piece of plywood on top of the drywall that should be all right
I was also thinking about plywood at first, but wasn't sure if it's a good idea because of the driver heat. Maybe someone with more experience can share their thoughts, i'd like to know also.

My driver is near the intake screen of the tent for some air movement.
When i have more free time i'll try to make a proper mounting platform with a bigger heatsink, for example this one:
Amazon product

I was reading this text so i'll give it a go, maybe not necessary but it seems like a fun project https://www.digikey.com/Site/Global/Layouts/DownloadPdf.ashx?pdfUrl=75A7A2952C2C417D97D043EF1F285A05

Why do you have four different lights inside of a 4x4 grow room? Just wondering?
Good question. Easy answer. A 4x4 is 4 2x2s.....Being a perpetual grower with plants rotating from veg to flower and all points in between, I found it important to have adjustability in lighting....so I have a different light per 2x2...all plants were vegged in a separate area and moved at 3 weeks to the flower room where they transition while being rotated to different parts of the 4x4....I add 2-3 plants every 3 weeks into the rotation which makes adjustability necessary.

Good question. Easy answer. A 4x4 is 4 2x2s.....Being a perpetual grower with plants rotating from veg to flower and all points in between, I found it important to have adjustability in lighting....so I have a different light per 2x2...all plants were vegged in a separate area and moved at 3 weeks to the flower room where they transition while being rotated to different parts of the 4x4....I add 2-3 plants every 3 weeks into the rotation which makes adjustability necessary.
Sounds like a perfect setup!

Back