Lighting Introducing The Cannon, a 240 Watt powerhouse brought to you by BlackSailMarket.com

Is that Subcool from TGA seeds?

Interesting light you have, like the wattage. I'll soon have a 4sqft box with limited height (101cm) with a 175cfm extraction fan, one passive intake and one active intake with a 40mmx40mm high effect fan and I've been adviced two autocobs- Thing is that will be 110w and even though I know it is another day and another dawn these days compared to before with wattage etc 110w just doesn't sit right with me.

I plan to do high density SOG's btw so no option to center one light above one plant.

That's right! Subcool of TGA fame. Check out the pics on IG @tgagenetics2 and @subcoolsig.

No matter what light you use you won't get good yields with 110W over a 4' x 4'. If that were true people would've been hanging a 250W HPS over a 4' x 4' for the last 20 years. I'm assuming you want to pull your two pounds per tray out of this thing, and in order to do that you'll need at least 480W of high quality COBs. That would take two Cannons ($638, pre-order sale ends November 5th).

With The Cannon the only potential issue will be the height of your box. It shouldn't be a problem with SOG, but my heatsink is 22cm tall and you want at least 36cm between COB and canopy at full power. If you can cut holes in the top so the COB is flush with the ceiling and the heatsink sits on top of the box that would be perfect. If you cut a 90mm diameter circle out of the ceiling the face of the heatsink would seal off any light leaks and most importantly having them outside the box would be a huge advantage in keeping the temps low!

If you can't cut the box and keep the heatsinks on top (I really think that's the way to rock the fuck out of this box btw) you can just turn down the wattage a bit if your canopy gets too close to the COB. At 200 watts you can have The Cannon 30cm above your canopy, no problem. In that case it might be a good idea to supplement with an autocob or two, if your yields aren't quite where you want them.

Happy Growing! :vibe:

That's right! Subcool of TGA fame. Check out the pics on IG @tgagenetics2 and @subcoolsig.

No matter what light you use you won't get good yields with 110W over a 4' x 4'. If that were true people would've been hanging a 250W HPS over a 4' x 4' for the last 20 years. I'm assuming you want to pull your two pounds per tray out of this thing, and in order to do that you'll need at least 480W of high quality COBs. That would take two Cannons ($638, pre-order sale ends November 5th).

With The Cannon the only potential issue will be the height of your box. It shouldn't be a problem with SOG, but my heatsink is 22cm tall and you want at least 36cm between COB and canopy at full power. If you can cut holes in the top so the COB is flush with the ceiling and the heatsink sits on top of the box that would be perfect. If you cut a 90mm diameter circle out of the ceiling the face of the heatsink would seal off any light leaks and most importantly having them outside the box would be a huge advantage in keeping the temps low!

If you can't cut the box and keep the heatsinks on top (I really think that's the way to rock the fuck out of this box btw) you can just turn down the wattage a bit if your canopy gets too close to the COB. At 200 watts you can have The Cannon 30cm above your canopy, no problem. In that case it might be a good idea to supplement with an autocob or two, if your yields aren't quite where you want them.

I think he's saying 4 sqft total.. Like a 2ftx2ft space.. At 101cm tall (or 40inches) I can't see it being 4ftx4ft. I was actually thinking along the same lines when I first saw this light. I use a 2x2x4 tent as well, and 240w is too much, so the dimming option is nice to have. And if I get a 3x3 it could work at full power in that space.

I think he's saying 4 sqft total.. Like a 2ftx2ft space.. At 101cm tall (or 40inches) I can't see it being 4ftx4ft. I was actually thinking along the same lines when I first saw this light. I use a 2x2x4 tent as well, and 240w is too much, so the dimming option is nice to have. And if I get a 3x3 it could work at full power in that space.

Yeah my box will be as follows:

110cm high
42cm deep
91 cm wide
4" 175cm exhaust fan with regulator
40mm active intake fan
40mm passive intake with light trap

By the way rep the feck out of TGA for his Jacks Cleaner. Found a pheno there that I've never come close to either with the jack's or the jock's before and since. His Vortex was also out of this world, like anything the genius pheno of Apollo 11 touches, especially when it is crossed with SpaceQueen which is part C99.

Apollo11 genius and C99 probably the most underrated strains of all time. Or underrated is the wrong word, but wrongly forgotten about amongst all the new hyped stuff. To get even close to the crisp functional high of A11 G-pheno you need 11-12 week strains, A11-g did it in 7.

Also C99 pineapple bat pheno, what a queen.

By the way rep the feck out of TGA for his Jacks Cleaner. Found a pheno there that I've never come close to either with the jack's or the jock's before and since. His Vortex was also out of this world, like anything the genius pheno of Apollo 11 touches, especially when it is crossed with SpaceQueen which is part C99.

Apollo11 genius and C99 probably the most underrated strains of all time. Or underrated is the wrong word, but wrongly forgotten about amongst all the new hyped stuff. To get even close to the crisp functional high of A11 G-pheno you need 11-12 week strains, A11-g did it in 7.

Also C99 pineapple bat pheno, what a queen.
Hell yeah man my first run in super soil was with TGA's Cherrygasm. They've got some Space Queen in them, I was very impressed. Hardy, healthy plants with big, beautiful frosty nugs:smoking:

562343925.520665public.PNG
562343924.824820public.PNG
562343923.906541public.PNG

Got it! Yeah you only need about 150W for that space. Good lookin out Prophetiko:smoking:

Yeah my box will be as follows:

110cm high
42cm deep
91 cm wide
4" 175cm exhaust fan with regulator
40mm active intake fan
40mm passive intake with light trap

Yeahhh, sorry about that I misread the dimensions:smoking: So the most you'll need is about 150 Watts for that space. The Cannon dims down to 120 Watts, and at 150W you can get down to 12" above the canopy and you'll be getting at least 2.1umol/J.

Yeahhh, sorry about that I misread the dimensions:smoking: So the most you'll need is about 150 Watts for that space. The Cannon dims down to 120 Watts, and at 150W you can get down to 12" above the canopy and you'll be getting at least 2.1umol/J.

Skip over to my thread about my tent and give me a hand in picking an exhaust fan. They range between 28$ and 212$ and I have no idea what I am doing.

This is an awesome looking new light. I do have a quick question for ya brotha, I have a 32"W x 50"L x 96"T do you feel your light could power this space adequately without the need for supplemental lights being on? I dig the system and like the all in one nature, just need to know if it would flood my space with optimum light for the whole of the floor space.
Thanks in advance and sorry to jump in with a big long post. Happy gardening

This is an awesome looking new light. I do have a quick question for ya brotha, I have a 32"W x 50"L x 96"T do you feel your light could power this space adequately without the need for supplemental lights being on? I dig the system and like the all in one nature, just need to know if it would flood my space with optimum light for the whole of the floor space.
Thanks in advance and sorry to jump in with a big long post. Happy gardening

Awesome, no worries man I appreciate any and all questions. Hell yes, you can rock that space out with a Cannon. The vertical space is usually the main issue with smaller tents/boxes but it looks like you've got that covered. 32" x 50" is at the upper end of what you can cover with a single, but with no reflector the spread is definitely wide enough and you'll be getting every gram possible out of the light.

Singles are on sale for $319 until November 5th at BlackSailMarket.com/shop. If you have any questions at all, or if you want to talk about your grow and your current lighting, hit me up any time at Keith@BlackSailMarket.com.

Back