Lighting Introducing The Cannon, a 240 Watt powerhouse brought to you by BlackSailMarket.com

I just use mine to get a idea of the light intensity. But almost always the manufacturer gives instructions on the optimal height for each stage of growth with the light. My lights have IR and UV and that's what can really hurt the plants if it's too close.
Recommended hanging height for the Cannon is 18" from COB to canopy. That's just a jumping off point though, it depends on your setup, the strain you're using, and what stage the plant is at. You can definitely get closer towards the end of flower, I've gone 14" towards the end with no signs of stress, bleaching or burning:smoking:

2 Mephisto Ghost Toof....untouched versus a pinched pizzicato...Dutchpro nutes...

I just want to make sure everybody's clear on this, a single Cannon is ideal for covering that 3' wide turntable. On the next run the 2nd Cannon will be used to cover its own 3'x3' to the side of the turntable. You definitely lose a lot of light when you turn the Cannon to the side like that, the best way to use it is to point it straight down over your canopy. Each Cannon will cover up to a 3'x3' with no side lighting.

Subcool's getting some serious frost under his 320 Watt Cannon:smoking:

Full spectrum LED's give the plants a much better balance between the different colors of light.

The improved spectrum gives you a free boost in quality, just by switching to COB's! (COB stands for Chip On Board LED's)

I use 3500K 80CRI because it's the best for full cycle growth, and it gives you the best boost in quality without sacrificing yields. My opinion is based on Growmau5's early work and a few years of experimenting.

I went a little ham on the supplemental lighting! In this picture I'm running 3500K 80CRI + 5000K 80CRI COBs with 390nm UV, 660nm Photo Red and 730nm Far Red. I had fun but the results were pretty much the same as running 3500K 80CRI by itself.

If you want to supplement something I'd still recommend adding in some 730nm Far Red with a Growmau5 Puck. One puck has the same max coverage area as one Cannon (3' x 3') and it costs $37 with it's own regular 12V wall plug.

The quality boost comes in automatically with full spectrum white COB's though! You get a much more balanced, even blend of light colors and the plants respond to it right away!
Check out these graphs:vibe:

FULL SPECTRUM COBS
1212-80CRIchart.png

HIGH PRESSURE SODIUM
High_Pressure_Sodium_Lamp_Spectrum.jpg

More outstanding results from Pedro:smoking:

This is a single Critical Kush in a 10 gallon SIPS container under a 240 Watt Cannon in a 3'x3' gorilla grow tent.

Everyone be sure to check out the LED Buyer's Worksheet thread on my forum. It's a simple, 5 question, single page, fill in the blank worksheet that let's anybody compare any LED growlight quickly, easily and accurately.

It comes with a page of instructions explaining each question and why it's important. There's a downloadable form on my website so you can just print it out and fill in the blanks. Too easy:smoking:

Sup guys ..check in ...preparing for 12 new plants going under.....Finishing the two Mephistos off......2 probs (light ratchet/power failure) got me.....
The two ghost toofs are just loving it a trichomes on them are so pretty frosty as hell picture does no justice as always

Please take note using two on the two plants just cause I can right now...light angled for a purpose (bombard both).......When the 12 go under both of them will be hanging straight......

You can see where I have my seedlings and where they are ....the cannons have those seedlings angled towards them and I have to continually Turn them..Even though they are under their own T5

Another week And transplant and underneath The Cannons

Dutchpro....bloom a/b..and explode..5 ml.. per gallon...with mammoth and orca

Sup guys ..check in ...preparing for 12 new plants going under.....Finishing the two Mephistos off......2 probs (light ratchet/power failure) got me.....
The two ghost toofs are just loving it a trichomes on them are so pretty frosty as hell picture does no justice as always

Please take note using two on the two plants just cause I can right now...light angled for a purpose (bombard both).......When the 12 go under both of them will be hanging straight......

You can see where I have my seedlings and where they are ....the cannons have those seedlings angled towards them and I have to continually Turn them..Even though they are under their own T5

Another week And transplant and underneath The Cannons

Dutchpro....bloom a/b..and explode..5 ml.. per gallon...with mammoth and orca

Awesome! Can't wait to see you run those 12, it's going to be an awesome run and I've heard great things about Mammoth P too. Looking forward to it!

Back