Lighting Introducing The Cannon, a 240 Watt powerhouse brought to you by BlackSailMarket.com

I’m curious about the power?
I see a veg room with 4 @ 250 Watts. So a 1000 watts ?
And I see the large plant you are running with 1 light at 250 watts? So four plants 1000w ?
Are those actual watts used at the wall.?

I’m also confused confused about the turntable. Seems unless the plant rotate as the table rotated you still won’t get the other side of the plant? With such a high intensity light from a central point what’s the best way to use these?

Tell me how to best utilize the canon to blast me some big buds!

And I see the large plant you are running with 1 light at 250 watts? So four plants 1000w ?

I’m also confused confused about the turntable. Seems unless the plant rotate as the table rotated you still won’t get the other side of the plant? With such a high intensity light from a central point what’s the best way to use these?

Woof....I run 2 cannons..with the turntable...I can fit anywhere from 4 large autos to 10 smaller mid size on it....check past videos in thread...you will see how I utilize it.....And you’ll also find a par meter reading too .....240 watts at the wall .... checked the wattage myself also.

The other grow is not me

Great questions brotha! Yes, 240 Watts means the actual wattage draw at the wall. It's actually more like 244 Watts at the wall. I will never, ever give you misleading numbers or specs. I think its a lot more straightforward to go by coverage area rather than plants per light. One plant can be 20 times bigger than another one so you're adding in variables by measuring a light's coverage with plant count.

Each 240 Watt Cannon will maximize growth rates and yields over a 2.5' x 2.5' area. Check out Pedro's videos, there's a few posted on this thread. He's using a single Cannon (240 Watts) to grow one giant Critical Kush, and he's filled out a 3'x3' tent. That's as far as I'd push the coverage area on the Cannon. You could do 2 medium plants in the same area, or 4 smaller plants, or 9 tiny plants in a sea of green, it all depends on your style as a grower.

The best way to use this light is to hang it right in the center of a 2.5'x2.5' to 3'x3' area, around 18 inches above your canopy. The spread on the light coming from a COB is really wide, almost 180 degrees, so you get a very even, flat canopy. Again, check out Pedro's videos, the results will back me up on that. It might help to think of each 240 Watt Cannon as a replacement for a 400 Watt HPS.

Subcool's got the 4 Cannons (960W) in his veg room covering about a 4'x7' area. He had one Cannon in there with 2 x 600 Watt Metal Halides, then he replaced the 2x Metal Halides (1200 Watts) with 3 more Cannons (720 Watts).

I hope that clears it up homie, you can hit me up with any question at any time. Happy growing:smoking:

The 320 Watt driver upgrade is available now for only $50! Some of my guys up north are using space heaters because the Cannon runs so cool:smoking: Kind of awesome, but space heaters use a ton of electricity...

If you need more heat you might as well get more light too. At 320W the Cannon gets ~1.9umol/J and the heatsink is 145F. If you're counting on your light to keep your room warm it's a fantastic option. If you need a little more bang for your buck the 320 is only $1.25 per watt!!!

Back