New Grower InkAddicts perpetual magical grow garden

I read your reply in the LSChat thread but it's easy to get buried in there. So...

Your RO systems. You said you could not find a suitable hookup for them? What do the connection from your waterline to toilet tank look like? Those are usually threaded on and a standard size. That is where I plumbed mine into. Just an idea if the sink doesn't have an accessable line.

I read your reply in the LSChat thread but it's easy to get buried in there. So...

Your RO systems. You said you could not find a suitable hookup for them? What do the connection from your waterline to toilet tank look like? Those are usually threaded on and a standard size. That is where I plumbed mine into. Just an idea if the sink doesn't have an accessable line.
Didn't think of that I'll check it out...thanks

Don't think it will work...
20221024_170044.jpg

If you can reach it that is a great spot. The knob will turn off the water, then see if you can get that upper hose unscrewed. It should be 3/8" if not 1/2" connection. There is a great 3/8" diverter valve you can get at Home Depot that works with the RO buddy 1/4" white tubing. I'll take a pic for you in a little bit here if you want?

If you can reach it that is a great spot. The knob will turn off the water, then see if you can get that upper hose unscrewed. It should be 3/8" if not 1/2" connection. There is a great 3/8" diverter valve you can get at Home Depot that works with the RO buddy 1/4" white tubing. I'll take a pic for you in a little bit here if you want?
Ya I'd appreciate it...thanks

:yeahthat: Yeah that should work great! Just gotta figure out the size line to the tank for your npt adapter and get a tee for it. They even have ones that'll work with 1/4" line so you can plug it right in and go.

This is the part you want: John Guest 1/4” Angle Stop Valve (ASVPP1LFD) It's around $15-20

Turn off the water, flush a couple times to drain the tank, then disconnect the line from the tank to the supply. Be ready to cath some drips. Slip the new valve in place, retighten, and voila! Not too tight. All these connections are compression fittings so snug but not TIGHT. A bit of teflon tape helps too.

The valve lets you turn on and off the system as you need without interrupting the toilets workings. I'm not sure which ROsystem you have but it should be similar. I fill the jugs in the tub and use buckets to catch the runoff and irrigate the outside gardens with it. If you have't got a place to dump the water it can just go down the drain. Unfortunately the inexpensive systems produce a lot of waste but it is still magnitudes cheaper than bottled. And it's there when you need or want it! It can also be used in your ultrasonic humidifier if you have one.

Here is how mine is plumbed in and I suspect you could do something simlilar. This is in our guest bathroom and I run the lines into the tub.

P1050027.JPG

P1050028.JPG

Slip the line behind the toilet and onto my RO system mounted to a cheap board. It needed to be removeable in case of guests and this works pretty well.

P1050029.JPG

Ok hope that helps.

PS - I would highly suggest taking that line off the toilet tank and bringing it to the store so you can match up the fitting sizes. I suspect it's 3/8" but if it's an older place.... well... Good luck!

This is the part you want: John Guest 1/4” Angle Stop Valve (ASVPP1LFD) It's around $15-20

Turn off the water, flush a couple times to drain the tank, then disconnect the line from the tank to the supply. Be ready to cath some drips. Slip the new valve in place, retighten, and voila! Not too tight. All these connections are compression fittings so snug but not TIGHT. A bit of teflon tape helps too.

The valve lets you turn on and off the system as you need without interrupting the toilets workings. I'm not sure which ROsystem you have but it should be similar. I fill the jugs in the tub and use buckets to catch the runoff and irrigate the outside gardens with it. If you have't got a place to dump the water it can just go down the drain. Unfortunately the inexpensive systems produce a lot of waste but it is still magnitudes cheaper than bottled. And it's there when you need or want it! It can also be used in your ultrasonic humidifier if you have one.

Here is how mine is plumbed in and I suspect you could do something simlilar. This is in our guest bathroom and I run the lines into the tub.

View attachment 1531006

View attachment 1531007

Slip the line behind the toilet and onto my RO system mounted to a cheap board. It needed to be removeable in case of guests and this works pretty well.

View attachment 1531008

Ok hope that helps.

PS - I would highly suggest taking that line off the toilet tank and bringing it to the store so you can match up the fitting sizes. I suspect it's 3/8" but if it's an older place.... well... Good luck!
Thanks alot....

Back