New Grower ILGM Auto Jack Herer

1. Week 3 Day 3 - Looking better

The humidity dome(glass bowl) is doing a great job. 5 rags that have between lightly saturated in water with two bowls of warm water that have towels dipped in to wick water up into the glass bowl and my temp gauge tucked neatly inside lol.
    • 73-89f inside the bowl
    • 44-55% RH
    • 44-55% RH
    Had to say it twice because my leaves are getting some color back and not looking be burned.

15210245422271267166636-jpg.2416613
    1521024566309958060410-jpg.2416614
    15210245854731834882802-jpg.2416615
    1521024624315198381656-jpg.2416616

You've got something going on that your missing. I'd expect a better recovery with Coco. I would do the following;

1) double check your pH pen, 5.8-6.3 is good range. Need to calibrate at two points for accuracy.
2) check your background TDS, should be under about 200ish for best results
3) use a good safe nute level 1,2,1 of grow, micro and bloom is totally safe right now. (Mils per gallon)
4) make sure you have plenty of drain holes in the pots and don't let the plants sit in run off water. Always get run off.

Tag me @jingo if any questions

You've got something going on that your missing. I'd expect a better recovery with Coco. I would do the following;

1) double check your pH pen, 5.8-6.3 is good range. Need to calibrate at two points for accuracy.
2) check your background TDS, should be under about 200ish for best results
3) use a good safe nute level 1,2,1 of grow, micro and bloom is totally safe right now. (Mils per gallon)
4) make sure you have plenty of drain holes in the pots and don't let the plants sit in run off water. Always get run off.

Tag me @jingo if any questions

I opened the cups up for more drainage and I fed them nutes at the beginning of the week. I'll get the rest done when I get home. They all have two small fan leaves above the larger ones that are lifting and growing slightly I'm just waiting for the coco to dry out so I can give them more nutes.

On another forum, they were under the impression that my 16% humidity was to blame but I've been getting 42-67% RH under the dome but the color is still off. I haven't watered in three days and with me raising the humidity the coco doesn't seem to be drying out neatly as fast as with that low humidity.

I appreciate the help!

Humidity being off never really helps. It is possible to overwater and get some root rot in Coco, I've managed to do it once or twice. Now that you have bigger drainage holes in your Solo cups the next time you feed if you want to you can kind of shake the excess nutrients down out of that Coco so it doesn't stay in there so long.

Really, with Coco you should be just one feed away from your plants looking really good. So when you get home I encourage you to really look close at your pH and get an idea of your total dissolved solids when you're feeding. As well as the background.

My expectation, is that you should be able to turn the seedlings around in about 3 days and have them looking brilliant. If you're not able to do that then you have an issue like I said pH pen, background water, Etc

Humidity being off never really helps. It is possible to overwater and get some root rot in Coco, I've managed to do it once or twice. Now that you have bigger drainage holes in your Solo cups the next time you feed if you want to you can kind of shake the excess nutrients down out of that Coco so it doesn't stay in there so long.

Really, with Coco you should be just one feed away from your plants looking really good. So when you get home I encourage you to really look close at your pH and get an idea of your total dissolved solids when you're feeding. As well as the background.

My expectation, is that you should be able to turn the seedlings around in about 3 days and have them looking brilliant. If you're not able to do that then you have an issue like I said pH pen, background water, Etc

I'll be checking the runoff and my treated/non tonight. I really appreciate the help I was starting to freak out.

@jingo Could it possibly be light burn? My leaves are starting to point towards the light. I have the light set to 600w - should I lower my ballast to 75 or 50? It's not a nitrogen deficiency as there is no wilting or leaves falling and it has been a week. I adjusted the ph but I'm beginning to think I have light burn and the two with curled leaves were oxygen deprived.

LEDs can cause white or yellow on your plants if they're too low. Sounds like you may have a 600 watt hid with an adjustable ballast? In that case you can hold it 18 in to 2 ft above the seedlings and turn it all the way down to its lowest ballast setting. The seedlings really don't require much in the way of light a lot of guys will just use some fluorescence during the early veg process.

Looking back you may have had some photo inhibition, your plant will just slow down and stay quite short as its done. Although, I've seen that more commonly when the temperatures are too low.

Looking back you may have had some photo inhibition, your plant will just slow down and stay quite short as its done. Although, I've seen that more commonly when the temperatures are too low.

So my plants are probably stunted? How much do you imagine it might, off the top of your head, affect yield?

So my plants are probably stunted? How much do you imagine it might, off the top of your head, affect yield?
I would say you have lost about 30 to 40% of the potential yield. That really can still end up being a pretty good yield if you have the extra large type autoflowers. Of course, your light is really best suited for two big autoflowers. So I can't really tell you too much about yield.

You're going to want to have that humidity Dome open on a couple sides to let air flow through there. Then you could even have an oscillating fan circulating air around the room and blowing across the openings once in awhile. Otherwise you risk the chance of damping off as far as the seedlings go and any mold spores in your environment have a tendency to settle if you don't have a fan blowing things around.

Back