Lighting HS1, Northern Lights Sensi Seeds, fem photoperiod

I don't think you're overthinking. It would be a disaster to come so far and then it all go wrong. If your humidity is 70's, it should take 8-9days. 1 day for every 10% plus 1 day. so if humidity is constant 70, drying time would be 8 days. I put hygrometer in bags, but I also opened bags daily and turned the buds for even drying. I sat my bags on a drying rack inside the tent. Be careful the fans aren't blowing/extracting too much air. I'm not sure about double bags, but you could hang string and attach the bags to it using clothes pegs

What about temperature at 25-26c, that will speed up the process, right? I will not be able to have lower temps.
What hygrometer is showing when you decide buds are ready for cure? I guess once it reach lower than 70÷ insude bag it is good to go.

Don't worry bro the bags and box will wick most of the moisture, you will be drybinabout a week like Cat says.

Don't worry bro the bags and box will wick most of the moisture, you will be drybinabout a week like Cat says.
But with bags touching the box or hanging it so it doesn't touch it?

Either or bro, when I dry in a box I have some hanging and some lining the bottom of the bag. If your really worried just get a small dehumidifier in there.

What about temperature at 25-26c, that will speed up the process, right? I will not be able to have lower temps.
What hygrometer is showing when you decide buds are ready for cure? I guess once it reach lower than 70÷ insude bag it is good to go.
I probably dried at that temp. I think the drying process is more down to humidity, but I'm not 100%. If the humidity of your cupboard/tent is 50-60%, it may well be higher inside the bags. I'm also sure you need to sit the hygrometer inside the bag for a few hours to get true humidity. It sounds like you're good to go

When you dry buds flat, they do flatten. I tried both ways and preferred the hanging method.

When you dry buds flat, they do flatten. I tried both ways and preferred the hanging method.
One think I am not sure about drying in cardboard box. I am thinking to skip the paper bag and just made few layers of net in the cardboard box. Only think I am unsure about is should I close well the box or made some holes? As I understand paper bags should keep closed for first few days so it keeps fragrance of the herb better. So the same should be with the cardboard box, closed well to keep fragrance. Am I right? Otherwise if I should aloud some air circulation inside box than it is better to first put buds in paper bags, which will be hanged inside cardboard box. Just my thoughts

I'm not the best to advice on drying as I just dried my Northern Lights and they were the first. I will say that I made a few mistakes. I decided to hang the small plant in a box with perforated holes and this was mistake number one. It dried too fast, but the buds were still an excellent smoke. Here's a pic

DSC00567 (1).JPG

The second plant was a lot bigger and I put the buds in bags like this

DSC00906 (1).JPG

.... And then I placed the bags on the drying rack, which was inside the tent. I kept the carbon filter/extraction running 24hrs, but the mistake I made on this method was placing a small oscillating fan underneath the drying rack. This also started to dry the weed too quickly.

DSC00902 (1).JPG

For me, the most important thing for my first drying experience was to dry well enough that I wouldn't taste cut grass while smoking through the pipe and I achieved this 100%. The weed has been curing in jars now for maybe 4wks and some of it is just beginning to smell more like weed. I still smoke it daily. It doesn't taste much of anything, but I love the stone.

I would also look into whether it is best to open the paper bags daily.

Back