New Grower How to generate traffic in new grower/member treads.

Reaction score
Hello all I am A-Train. I know as new growers and members the activity in threads can be slow at times and this can be somewhat demotivating. I went through the same thing a little over a year ago but do not let it get you down . I want to share a few tips with the new guys I have learned that will help to spur activity in your threads and have you the talk about town before you know it.

1. Make sure to visit the intro thread and say hello to everyone. Give a little background on your setup, skill, experience level. Anything really we love meeting new members and welcoming them properly.

2 HAVE AN AVATAR..... no avatar means your just skipping through and not in it for the long haul. Have a funny or intelligent avatar, may even become a discussion point to make new CannaZone buddies.

2. Create a journal. When creating your journal include your name then try and make something catchy in your title. Make the members want to open your thread and read it when they read the title.

3. Once your journal is created you need to go edit your signature to include a link to your journal there. Then go back to your intro thread and post a link there for the folks who have welcomed you to follow right back to your grow.

4. Update your threads often with precise updates and lots of pics. It will be a bit slow at first but it WILL pick up. When someone stops in to say good job or hello engage them in conversation. Each time a post is made YOUR thread goes to the top of the new post page and that's where the action is.

5.Get out in the community and get active. When your a positive force in other people's threads it makes them want to be a positive force in yours. Even if it's going in and giving a small compliment or asking questions. Give others a rep slap for their work. Even if it's only 1 point in the beginning it's the thought that counts.

6. Never be afraid to p.m a staff member with ANY question at anytime. Even if just asking to come take a look in on your thread. It's never a problem and we love to do so.

This is all I have for now I am thrilled to see new faces here daily the new members and there activity is what keeps our AFN "VIBE" alive and sets us apart from the rest. Attitudes are contageous, make it a positive one..

Last edited:
Look for the small guy icon in your upper right corner, there is a sub-tab for it:

full

Wow great info! I'm super green when it comes to this whole grow world! But I'm super excited to be a part of this giant GREEN GARDENS that this world is becoming! ILL SEE YOU GUYS SOON

Last edited:
Back