New Grower How to generate traffic in new grower/member treads.

Great info, I missed this when I started but tips still help.

looking forward ..thank u

Please help me.
How do I edit my signature and create and share a link for my journal?

Many thanks FarmerD

Stay lit :pass:

Have loved this place so far. Very inviting, very knowledgeable. Being from several other forums to where things can become heated among others - it's just lame and detracts from actual growth and learning. This place seems to be the total opposite, and that's very refreshing. :D

Have loved this place so far. Very inviting, very knowledgeable. Being from several other forums to where things can become heated among others - it's just lame and detracts from actual growth and learning. This place seems to be the total opposite, and that's very refreshing. :D
Couldn't agree more

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hello all I am A-Train. I know as new growers and members the activity in threads can be slow at times and this can be somewhat demotivating. I went through the same thing a little over a year ago but do not let it get you down . I want to share a few tips with the new guys I have learned that will help to spur activity in your threads and have you the talk about town before you know it.

1. Make sure to visit the intro thread and say hello to everyone. Give a little background on your setup, skill, experience level. Anything really we love meeting new members and welcoming them properly.

2 HAVE AN AVATAR..... no avatar means your just skipping through and not in it for the long haul. Have a funny or intelligent avatar, may even become a discussion point to make new CannaZone buddies.

2. Create a journal. When creating your journal include your name then try and make something catchy in your title. Make the members want to open your thread and read it when they read the title.

3. Once your journal is created you need to go edit your signature to include a link to your journal there. Then go back to your intro thread and post a link there for the folks who have welcomed you to follow right back to your grow.

4. Update your threads often with precise updates and lots of pics. It will be a bit slow at first but it WILL pick up. When someone stops in to say good job or hello engage them in conversation. Each time a post is made YOUR thread goes to the top of the new post page and that's where the action is.

5.Get out in the community and get active. When your a positive force in other people's threads it makes them want to be a positive force in yours. Even if it's going in and giving a small compliment or asking questions. Give others a rep slap for their work. Even if it's only 1 point in the beginning it's the thought that counts.

6. Never be afraid to p.m a staff member with ANY question at anytime. Even if just asking to come take a look in on your thread. It's never a problem and we love to do so.

This is all I have for now I am thrilled to see new faces here daily the new members and there activity is what keeps our AFN "VIBE" alive and sets us apart from the rest. Attitudes are contageous, make it a positive one..
Hello all I am A-Train. I know as new growers and members the activity in threads can be slow at times and this can be somewhat demotivating. I went through the same thing a little over a year ago but do not let it get you down . I want to share a few tips with the new guys I have learned that will help to spur activity in your threads and have you the talk about town before you know it.

1. Make sure to visit the intro thread and say hello to everyone. Give a little background on your setup, skill, experience level. Anything really we love meeting new members and welcoming them properly.

2 HAVE AN AVATAR..... no avatar means your just skipping through and not in it for the long haul. Have a funny or intelligent avatar, may even become a discussion point to make new CannaZone buddies.

2. Create a journal. When creating your journal include your name then try and make something catchy in your title. Make the members want to open your thread and read it when they read the title.

3. Once your journal is created you need to go edit your signature to include a link to your journal there. Then go back to your intro thread and post a link there for the folks who have welcomed you to follow right back to your grow.

4. Update your threads often with precise updates and lots of pics. It will be a bit slow at first but it WILL pick up. When someone stops in to say good job or hello engage them in conversation. Each time a post is made YOUR thread goes to the top of the new post page and that's where the action is.

5.Get out in the community and get active. When your a positive force in other people's threads it makes them want to be a positive force in yours. Even if it's going in and giving a small compliment or asking questions. Give others a rep slap for their work. Even if it's only 1 point in the beginning it's the thought that counts.

6. Never be afraid to p.m a staff member with ANY question at anytime. Even if just asking to come take a look in on your thread. It's never a problem and we love to do so.

This is all I have for now I am thrilled to see new faces here daily the new members and there activity is what keeps our AFN "VIBE" alive and sets us apart from the rest. Attitudes are contageous, make it a positive one..

Seriously, a big thank you A-Train, I've looked at a few weed sites the last couple of months but think I've found my 'home' in the weed community right here. I'm 12 weeks in to my first grow and had no idea at all when I started that there was such a following in th UK and over the world.....Is this Heaven?...........Well it might as be for me, so I will take your advice and create a journal and just maybe someone somewhere will learn from my mistakes!

I did a lot of reading before I started, but no amount of reading really prepares you for all the problems you may encounter. It is not like I thought it would be just buy some seeds put them in a pot and hey-presto!......12 weeks later is your gateway to heaven........Oh no, it ain't like that at all but it CAN be easy with the right knowledge.....And that is where you come in my friend

I will just mention that my autos are almost ready and I will kick the phots into 12/12 mode. My biggest problem is I had to raise my tent height from 5ft to 8ft and I'm not sure how to keep all the light out. It was a proper tent but I had to raise it and now have 3ft at the bottom that I somehow need to keep the light from getting.

Anyway A-Train that you for you invaluable info & I will try to get right into this site.....It looks a pleasure to do so. Thank you

Take care

Cmoon

Look for the small guy icon in your upper right corner, there is a sub-tab for it:

full
Hiya!

Is that a baby bully I see?

I couldn't agree with you more Mr Plantas.

I've been through a few sites both in the USA and here in the UK and this site is the most friendly of them all out there, and by a long margin too.

Back