Indoor Hope's perpetual Skyline grow

I'm working on the basis that if I keep the pH in check in a DWC bucket then all will be fine.. says the guy that's never used a pH meter in his life :crying: my main concern before I start is keeping the res temp down as my grow room/bog gets out of temp range at the top end pretty often.. but.. the best way to find out how it'll go is to jump right in and have a rattle at it so that's what I'll do :jointman:
My tent got to 30 the other day when I forgot to flick the fan up and because I used the cheap radiator padded foil the res temp only got to 23... If you do it... Cover your res with that and foil tape I covered 1 oxy pot 4, my nute box and a DIY bucket for 8 quid :d5:

I'm working on the basis that if I keep the pH in check in a DWC bucket then all will be fine.. says the guy that's never used a pH meter in his life :crying: my main concern before I start is keeping the res temp down as my grow room/bog gets out of temp range at the top end pretty often.. but.. the best way to find out how it'll go is to jump right in and have a rattle at it so that's what I'll do :jointman:
With saying that should i even be ph checking my water for the eco life soil i do anyway im just curious

My tent got to 30 the other day when I forgot to flick the fan up and because I used the cheap radiator padded foil the res temp only got to 23... If you do it... Cover your res with that and foil tape I covered 1 oxy pot 4, my nute box and a DIY bucket for 8 quid :d5:

Thats good to know bro cuz my growbog can hit 30 easy so I'll have to take all steps I can to keep things sweet.

Thats good to know bro cuz my growbog can hit 30 easy so I'll have to take all steps I can to keep things sweet.
I don't understand why they make the pots black... Which sat under a light will heat up the solution 10 x faster and it will rot your roots..... Alien dwc are silver but you need a mortgage for them.
I got the radiator reflecter stuff from tool station for Bout 3 quid a roll.
If you run hydro silicone along side when you do it let me know, I'll give you the order in which to mix because that stuff is great but has a pH of 11 so added neat into a premixed solution will lock out any nutes it touches and ruin the mix... They don't tell ya that bit lol :d5:

I don't understand why they make the pots black... Which sat under a light will heat up the solution 10 x faster and it will rot your roots..... Alien dwc are silver but you need a mortgage for them.

Yea cant figure that out myself.. black plastic must be cheaper lol the worst colour for a bubble bucket surely!! I seen a class white bubbler called cyclops bubble pot pro think it was.. by a company called poseidon.. it was £75 for a single bucket kit :crying:

I have some black/white reflective sheeting I might use but your reflective radiator sheet feels like it would be a better job.. ill pick some of it up.

Tell me m8.. did u hand water until your roots hit the res or how did u get around that?? I'm thinking starter cube in net pot of pebbles and just water the cube and pebbles lightly until the roots get down a bit???

Yea cant figure that out myself.. black plastic must be cheaper lol the worst colour for a bubble bucket surely!! I seen a class white bubbler called cyclops bubble pot pro think it was.. by a company called poseidon.. it was £75 for a single bucket kit :crying:

I have some black/white reflective sheeting I might use but your reflective radiator sheet feels like it would be a better job.. ill pick some of it up.

Tell me m8.. did u hand water until your roots hit the res or how did u get around that?? I'm thinking starter cube in net pot of pebbles and just water the cube and pebbles lightly until the roots get down a bit???
Now this first bit I haven't fathomed properly yet.... I cubed then handwatered with root stimulant. but it was a ball ache and didn't seem to be going fast enough.. So I moved it to a bucket and had the water level an inch into the pebbles at the bottom of the basket.. Bubbling... Then as I saw roots just poking out the bottom I reduced the level and introduced a 1 inch air gap between the basket and the water and kept reducing the level a little bit so now I have roots in the water with a 3 inch air gap between the bottom of the pot... They need the air gap.. And now a few roots are in the solution the growth is bonkers.... Wayyy faster than anything I've done in soil

Also have a think about making your own... I kinda regret buying the 4 pot knowing what I know now...
I'm just going to make my own with brewing buckets with taps for 12 quid and the baskets are 2 quid... I'm lining up a single powerful air pump that has 10 outputs with the ability to turn air stones on n off rather than having 1 air pump per bucket which is noisy... I wish I had done this first off to be honest but I got talked into the 4 pot on the cheap... I thought I would add this now because it might save you money... Once you have a go mate your gonna be sold... Plus no better place than a bathroom for dwc... My water supply is 50 ft from my lockup lol

One Trizzler in a tent, plenty of Skyline, staked out and you'll be buying more jars!

I still get daily headaches but they put me on a med used to lower blood pressure (even though there's nowt wrong with my BP), this has reduced the severity massively, like turning the volume down from 9 down to 1. They have to be taken every day regardless and act as a preventative.... in 3-6 months I can try weaning off them and see how it goes.... but I'm much happier now.

There's a much loved seed rep whose Wife died overdoing the migrane medication (I think... apologies if I'm wrong), I can really see how it happened, you live in fear of them happening, and when they do, you'll do anything and take anything to try and stop them.... I tried everything going for them from simple OTC medication all the way up to Endone (Oxycodone), and nothing was reliable... painkillers wouldn't kill the pain and you could easily over do it.
The only things that worked were the new Triptan drugs like Zomig, and the BP meds like Verapamil or Propanolol. I dunno if you can get Oxycodone or Triptans on the NHS, but over here you pay for everything, so more meds seem available.

The migranes got me the sack... too much time off work, so we're moving up the coast next week, for a new opportunity.... I'll let you know how it all goes.
Hope you get better soon bro. :pass: :bighug:

Back