New Grower Hog's First Perpetual Garden

My First Photoperiod Grow, what strain(s)? I've got room for 2 plants, what do yall think?

• CSI Humboldt: Purple Hindu Kush x Chemdog D

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Twenty20 Mendocino: Avenue of the Giants

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Humboldt Seed Co: Pineapple Muffin

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Headband x Bubblegum

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • CSI Humboldt: Gorilla Glue x Headband

• CSI Humboldt: Chemdog D S1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ace Seeds: Zamadelica x Kali China

• CSi Humboldt: Big Bad Wolf 2.0 (Chem 91 x Chem D

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Obama Care (Chem D x Obama Kush)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • CSI Humboldt: Chem # 1 x GG4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirates of the Emeral Triangle: Pine Tar Kush

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Flower Day 5
20230624_093133.jpg

Dread Bread at the bottom right has been a little unhappy about something. I think I over watered/fillcthe res too soon after transplant. Letting it dry back a bit now and its started to take off the past 2 days. Avenue Of the Giants looks like it's leaves are gonna go purple and continues to grow beautifully.
Decided to keep this Mendo Purps x Blackberry Widow male for pollen collection. I like the structure, it's producing abundant male flowers already, it's got a nice berry/soda scent in the stem run and is also noticeably sticky (resinous). Definitely gonna hit a branch of Ave. with this pollen!
20230623_105156.jpg
20230623_105226.jpg

Dread Bread #2, seems to not be starting to Flower. I've suspected it was a Mango Biche pheno and may need a different flowering schedule. So, flipped it to 11/13 to see if that kicks starts things. Not sure how I'm gonna manage an equatorial sativa leaning plant and a pure indica.in the same tent, might have to setup another.

Dread Bread #2, seems to not be starting to Flower. I've suspected it was a Mango Biche pheno and may need a different flowering schedule. So, flipped it to 11/13 to see if that kicks starts things. Not sure how I'm gonna manage an equatorial sativa leaning plant and a pure indica.in the same tent, might have to setup another.
I was thinking you were gonna have problems in the lighting and then the actual arrangement in the tent. But I thought again. Just get the one to flower that you're trying to flip. The other girl in question will flower also.
Now, getting them to work well in the same tent together, that's going to take some creative training and maybe some stand building ! :funny: I have many stands that I have made. I haven't made it any Internet 3 grows but, I have used them in every single one. I have one that I made, i guess for a 25 gallon bag, that I used once. Well, at least in a grow. I have a folded up beach towel on top of it and it's sitting alongside my bed, in addition to my night stand. It's got all my smoking/cannabis 'stuff' sitting on top of it.
I was going to take it out to the shop to store, but dropped it off in the bedroom together other stuff that was going out there. I forgot what it was but I needed to set something close to my bed and laptop. It was an easy thing to put my hands on. It's been there ever since!:funny:

Timer Trouble
Well, power outages have been screwing up my timing schedule. Not sure how often, but seems it has been going on and off once or twice a day while Im gone and has flipped the light on early/kept it on for well over 12 hours... think I've got it sorted but worried that I might have light stress herm issues.

Also, the possibly extended veg time (I think they've all flipped now, and are stretching) compounds the challenge of keeping these fed in EB Jr's. and 2 in a shared regular EB

So, planning on alternating feeding between Build a Bloom, Terp Tea, and BaF+Quoddy Blend Compost extract: 1 feed/week, thoughts?
Think Im going to order some Organics Alive V-P-K dry soluble as well, since in a few weeks I'll need to cut out the Nitrogen.
Still looking pretty healthy though. Wondering if it's genetics or some nute deficiency causing the bottom right dread bread to be more yellow green than her sister (middle left)
20230704_092414.jpg

Bent some necks on Ave last night too, could have been a little more aggressive but worked well enough.
20230703_221152.jpg

2x4 Auto's under Viparspectra P2000
Got a few autos started. @Jean-O. Testing the Strawburied Kush (Strawberry Kush S1 x Root Beer Float S2) and popped a DBBT F2 That's just now making its way above ground.

The tester seedling seems to have had its cotyledons fused? Seems to be fighting out of it and I'm gonna let it go for now (though might just drop another in case it doesn't pull through)
Edit: So far, really liking the nursery pots. They hold moisture really well and seem thin enough to break down and for roots to grow through
20230703_215952.jpg
20230704_092824.jpg

20230704_092821.jpg

And, since my last one had to be culled (hermie) Mephisto Strawberry Nuggets x Pink Panama
20230703_215958.jpg

Last edited:
No room at the inn! All in flower stretch now. AotG is tallest at 36" and counting. No signs that the lighting schedule fiasco of the past week has caused any problems.
20230705_222054.jpg

No room at the inn! All in flower stretch now. AotG is tallest at 36" and counting. No signs that the lighting schedule fiasco of the past week has caused any problems.
View attachment 1611397
For your light girl, If you have some aminos, mix some up fairly hot, take some and mix with your compost to make a slurry, put a layer of EWC down and then the slurry next.
And add whatever dry ingredients you're gonna use. Not that they need it, you can add your dry ingredients to your other girls and then lightly wet it in with the aminos. It will help with the ingredients being utilized by your girls.

Or you can just keep doing what you're doing! They're doing quite well!:headbang:

Seedmaking
I've isolated the Mendo Purp x Blackberry Widow F3 Male in my separate and unused garage. Got him cut and in a jug of water like a cut flower. Pollen sacs starting to swell! He's got a definite berry/purple scent and some purple coloration to the male flowers.
I have no basis for this feeling, but my gut is telling me that Avenue of the Giants is a great partner! She is about to have her pom poms unfurled and ready at just the right time, and they share a similar growth structure and terp profile (at least so far).
I think once I started collecting the pollen I'll start a separate thread for this stuff!
As always, thanks for following along!

Back