New Grower Hog's First Perpetual Garden

My First Photoperiod Grow, what strain(s)? I've got room for 2 plants, what do yall think?

• CSI Humboldt: Purple Hindu Kush x Chemdog D

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Twenty20 Mendocino: Avenue of the Giants

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Humboldt Seed Co: Pineapple Muffin

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Headband x Bubblegum

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • CSI Humboldt: Gorilla Glue x Headband

• CSI Humboldt: Chemdog D S1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ace Seeds: Zamadelica x Kali China

• CSi Humboldt: Big Bad Wolf 2.0 (Chem 91 x Chem D

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Obama Care (Chem D x Obama Kush)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • CSI Humboldt: Chem # 1 x GG4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirates of the Emeral Triangle: Pine Tar Kush

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Early frost warning for Avenue of the Giants! Game on!
20230712_234714.jpg

All plants showing their pre flowers. Some are still not totally clear but the Dread Bread in a small pot is looking like a female so I transplanted to a Jr. May be a challenge since it's smelling like overripe Mango and looking more sativa so it could be a Mango Biche pheno and flower for 16+ weeks... may have to setup the other tent to make space!
View attachment 1603706
Only one plant (PTK) is looking like a male to me, but I could be proven wrong here in a few days. Light schedule flips to 16/8 at lights out!
View attachment 1603705
And one month later (minus two male plants even!)...
20230712_234655.jpg

@Bob's Auto's. Thanks for reps!

Scrapped the photoperiod male I was growing in favor of a more goal oriented start to my hobby breeding adventures. Using Auto's I think will allow me to see/learn how traits are passed much more quickly, and using cultivars I already know I like is a must!

So, we've got:
- 4 Firebudz Carebears (m/f)= hoping for a good male in these.
- 1 Jeanos Root Beer Float F4
- 1 Mephisto Strawberry Nuggets x Pink Panama

20230714_113044.jpg

Some nice genetics in them Carebears. Out of them 6 seeds you put in the soil, you should end up with three male and three female.
After about 10 days I would transplant them in a bigger pot or you run the risk of stunting them before you can make your choice. :cheers:

Hard to get good pictures, but we've got bud sites galore and everyone looking pretty healthy 3 weeks in to flower. Regimen of alternate feedings of Build a Bloom and Roots Organic Terp Tea Bloom every 5 days seems to be helping keep them happy. They're just so damn big, don't want em to run out of juice!
20230716_232112.jpg

Was in a pretty bad mood about things in general and the current auto run in the 2x4. AC infinity nursery nags did not work! No roots grew thru and bags weren't even the least bit degraded. Was able to save SNxPP and repot it but lost StrawburieD Kush and DBBT (they were badly stunt we anyway) :doh: :sadcry:

But... the little breeding run had a little surprise in store that made me smile and step back and just appreciate the process of learning to grow. One of the Carebears seeds seems to have sprouted two plants! Not really ideal front a growing /breeding standpoint but just fascinating to see.
Edit: apparently one plant will be a blend of M/F genes like normal and the other may be a near clone of the mother... super interesting.
20230717_105416.jpg

Last edited:
Strawberry Nuggets x Pink Panama: Day 19
Happy to have been able to salvage this one. Though still small for 19 days, hasn't shown sex yet. Was really sickly looking before I yanked out the nursery bag and repotted. But with the help of Rootwise, Bokashi, and some patience this plant should recover nicely (if a bit small)
20230720_114631.jpg

Holy Mycelium!!
20230720_114545.jpg

Back