New Grower Hog's First Perpetual Garden

My First Photoperiod Grow, what strain(s)? I've got room for 2 plants, what do yall think?

• CSI Humboldt: Purple Hindu Kush x Chemdog D

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Twenty20 Mendocino: Avenue of the Giants

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Humboldt Seed Co: Pineapple Muffin

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Headband x Bubblegum

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • CSI Humboldt: Gorilla Glue x Headband

• CSI Humboldt: Chemdog D S1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ace Seeds: Zamadelica x Kali China

• CSi Humboldt: Big Bad Wolf 2.0 (Chem 91 x Chem D

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Obama Care (Chem D x Obama Kush)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • CSI Humboldt: Chem # 1 x GG4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirates of the Emeral Triangle: Pine Tar Kush

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Flower: Week 6
Sorry for the lack of updates the last couple weeks. Been dealing with my health and a bit neglectful of the grow. Ave of the Giants and PTK both went a little herm and I've been plucking nanners the last couple weeks. Looks to have stopped and I dont think much pollen got spread around, but just being ready or some seeds in this batch...
Otherwise things are going OK. PTK has been really slow to start forming buds, probably combo of low PPFD stuffed in the corner and I think being a Paki it's not super thrilled with the extra moist soil in the Earthbox. It smells incredible and is starting to chunk up ever so slightly. Should make excellent hash even if it doesn't yield a ton.
20230806_010359.jpg
20230806_010406.jpg

Dread Bread #1 is super chunky and smells like mango/citrus gumdrops.
20230806_011851.jpg

Avenue of the Giants is a stunner!
20230806_010518.jpg
20230806_010445.jpg

Headband x Bubblegum is hiding back in the corner and i can't get a good pic. But, it's got some nice chunky buds, super sticky despite being overshadowed by Dread Bread.

Thanks for following along!

Last edited:
Autoflower Seed Making: Week 3
Well, out of 7 plants I've got 1 confirmed male, 5 females, and one that still hasn't shown but looks like a male. Was going to keep them small in these 1/2 gal containers, but now thinking I'll move 3 females (SNxPP, RBF, and 1 CB) into a multipot situation to give then a little more root space/nutrients for making seeds. I know, should've done it sooner, but I'll just treat it like transplant stress test for the genetics I'll be working with (how's that for rationalization, lol)
20230806_011739.jpg

Flower Week 8
Been lax on updating lately. Have had timer issues on top of the power outages early in flower, which caused some accidental reveg and weird flower structures. Some huge flowers weighing down branches on a couple, but worried about mold as they still seem to have 3+ weeks to go. Avenue should be ready for harvest in about a week, just kinda waiting for the heat to break. Should be a good yield from this run, but a PITA to trim. Ill be looking into making FECO/RSO, and of course a bunch of hash and rosin this round.

Dread Bread #1
20230820_004318.jpg

20230821_085617.jpg

Dread Bread #2
20230821_085720.jpg

Ave of the Giants
20230821_085727.jpg

Pine Tar Kush
20230821_085742.jpg

Headband x Bubblegum
20230820_004404.jpg

Been lax on updating lately. Have had timer issues on top of the power outages early in flower, which caused some accidental reveg and weird flower structures. Some huge flowers weighing down branches on a couple, but worried about mold as they still seem to have 3+ weeks to go. Avenue should be ready for harvest in about a week, just kinda waiting for the heat to break. Should be a good yield from this run, but a PITA to trim. Ill be looking into making FECO/RSO, and of course a bunch of hash and rosin this round.

Dread Bread #1
View attachment 1625845

View attachment 1625832
Dread Bread #2
View attachment 1625834
Ave of the Giants
View attachment 1625835
Pine Tar Kush
View attachment 1625836
Headband x Bubblegum
View attachment 1625837
As long as I have some bubble bowls and the store has dry ice, I'm not gonna mess with hard to trim buds! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Despite your problems. the Avenue of the Giants looks pretty damn good.

Thanks @R Wayne and @WildBill
Avenue of the Giants is looking really nice, got some of the OG kush lanky/flimsy branches that I have had to string up, but smell/frost is exceptional! Took a tester bud last week and she's just about ready.
Dread Bread #1 doesn't look frosty, but is insanely resinous. Had to string up some if it's 8 baseball bat Colas and my fingers were coated and glued together with shiny, stringy resin.

Thanks @R Wayne and @WildBill
Avenue of the Giants is looking really nice, got some of the OG kush lanky/flimsy branches that I have had to string up, but smell/frost is exceptional! Took a tester bud last week and she's just about ready.
Dread Bread #1 doesn't look frosty, but is insanely resinous. Had to string up some if it's 8 baseball bat Colas and my fingers were coated and glued together with shiny, stringy resin.
I'd make me a big old hash ball out of that girl!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo-hoo! Carbears F5 Male dropped a bunch of pollen on SNxPP and CB female today! I'm really excited to see how this turns out.
Also, ordered some auto-regs from Ground Up Genes in-house breeding lines/testers: Mango Smile x Blueberry #1 (Blue Microverse obtained as regs at F3 and worked to F6). Thinking I'll grow out those this winter to make F2s, then try to work it down further generations.

Last edited:
Back