New Grower Hog's First Perpetual Garden

My First Photoperiod Grow, what strain(s)? I've got room for 2 plants, what do yall think?

• CSI Humboldt: Purple Hindu Kush x Chemdog D

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Twenty20 Mendocino: Avenue of the Giants

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Humboldt Seed Co: Pineapple Muffin

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Headband x Bubblegum

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • CSI Humboldt: Gorilla Glue x Headband

• CSI Humboldt: Chemdog D S1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ace Seeds: Zamadelica x Kali China

• CSi Humboldt: Big Bad Wolf 2.0 (Chem 91 x Chem D

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Obama Care (Chem D x Obama Kush)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • CSI Humboldt: Chem # 1 x GG4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirates of the Emeral Triangle: Pine Tar Kush

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Earthbox Magic in full effect! Nearly doubled in height in 2 days after filling the res. Doing a little leaf tucking, but she's got a really nice open structure with strong lateral branching. A little weak stemmed/wobbly though. Dont think it had a very good breeze to strengthen the stem so adjusted the fans and added some extra Silica as a top dress. Stoked for my first Night Owl plant!

Thanks to everyone who follows along!
View attachment 1597484
Look at the main stalk. It's plenty big. I think she'll bulk up fine.

Look at the main stalk. It's plenty big. I think she'll bulk up fine.
Yeah i think so too, just a little top heavy from the new growth! The stalk you can see is thicker than the lower part for some reason

Last edited:
20230529_211735.jpg

Everything progressing well. I think the bottom left PTK may be a male, still to early to be sure but trying to keep a close eye to practice early identification. A lot of gear want to run is regs so better to get practicing and getting used to have males in the bunch.
This weekend I'll do another top dress with 3.0, next weekend I'll do a compost extract then probably start flower transition the following week after the extract application. When I transition I'll build up as large a nute mound as I can on each with 3.0+BaF+BaB and start with one week at 16/8, then down to 14/10 for 1-2 weeks, then 12/12 to finish.

Makeda and Zam x KC Tragedy
Two plants does this past week from l, believe some kind of root rot. I think I filled and then refilled the reservoirs too soon on Makeda and Zamaldelica x Kali China. Their main stalks were eaten away just under the soil line and hardly any root system... really bummed out, but I think its contained to those plants.
20230601_093104.jpg
20230601_093100.jpg
20230601_093141.jpg

Transplanted the Mendo Purp x Blackberry Widow to a Jr with fresh 3.0. Everything else is looking okay. Slow going with the unseasonably low humidity here, but hopefully can get some good growth the next two weeks before my planned flip to flower.
20230606_090710.jpg

@Twenty20 Adam. I've got an Ave. Of the Giants going right now (already starting to smell good at only 33 days from seed!)
20230607_110048.jpg

I've just been trying to nail down the genetics behind it. Am I correct that the Great Success = Ogre Berry x OG Strawberry and the Testarossa=Zkittles x Magnus Opus?

@Twenty20 Adam. I've got an Ave. Of the Giants going right now (already starting to smell good at only 33 days from seed!)
View attachment 1601176
I've just been trying to nail down the genetics behind it. Am I correct that the Great Success = Ogre Berry x OG Strawberry and the Testarossa=Zkittles x Magnus Opus?
Has she shown sex, yet?
I like her structure.

Avenue of the Giants: Day 44
20230613_220311.jpg

Loving this plant! Transition to Flower starts tomorrow with a switch to 16/8 and a topdress watered in with: Rootwise Mycrobe complete+Bio phos 50/50, build a Bloom, yucca, and coconut water.

Back