New Grower Hog's First Perpetual Garden

My First Photoperiod Grow, what strain(s)? I've got room for 2 plants, what do yall think?

• CSI Humboldt: Purple Hindu Kush x Chemdog D

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Twenty20 Mendocino: Avenue of the Giants

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Humboldt Seed Co: Pineapple Muffin

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Headband x Bubblegum

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • CSI Humboldt: Gorilla Glue x Headband

• CSI Humboldt: Chemdog D S1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ace Seeds: Zamadelica x Kali China

• CSi Humboldt: Big Bad Wolf 2.0 (Chem 91 x Chem D

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Obama Care (Chem D x Obama Kush)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • CSI Humboldt: Chem # 1 x GG4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirates of the Emeral Triangle: Pine Tar Kush

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
65/44/17
20221102_221934.jpg
20221102_222702.jpg

Hooked up Blackstrap #2 to the EB res today. BS #1 is flowering beautifully! Deep purple buds and nice stacking.

RBF seedlings have struggled a bit in the big tent, but look like they will pull through. Stonefruit is flowering super quickly and stacking beautifully, should have 6-8 12" colas if this keeps up.

The Voodoo multi-pot is doing great. There are clearly 3 distinct phenos (expected as they are S1 seeds). Cant wait to see how they develop. Not sure if I need to prune them or if I can just let them go wild?

Samsquanch OG is chunking up and has some rock hard buds. Not a ton of smell, bit of lemon/pine maybe. CDLC hasn't packed on any noticeable mass in over a week, but seems to keep layering frost. Buds are pretty leafy so it may all end up being a fresh frozen ice hash plant.
Feeling good overall, ready to harvest some more! I've got enough to last me, but some more variety would be nice
Thanks for stopping by the Hog Farm!

Last edited:
Thank you! Crazy to think its only been about 5 months since I dropped my first bean.
Same here! It’s funny because while I grew some outstanding bud my first grow and my current grow also looks delicious, I don’t consider myself “good“at growing because all I do is follow a recipe and feed coco to runoff every day. I don’t know how/why to measure runoff ppm or how/when/why to feed a nutrient enriched soil or what most training techniques mean. I honestly have no idea how these plants grow, they just do.

Same here! It’s funny because while I grew some outstanding bud my first grow and my current grow also looks delicious, I don’t consider myself “good“at growing because all I do is follow a recipe and feed coco to runoff every day. I don’t know how/why to measure runoff ppm or how/when/why to feed a nutrient enriched soil or what most training techniques mean. I honestly have no idea how these plants grow, they just do.
My first thought was "I wouldn't say I'm really 'good' at this yet" but I'm certainly getting better with each plant. Doing the organic living soil style is definitely a different monster than coco+bottled nutes. Im spending more of my time learning about soil science than I am the plants themselves. Which, I love! Never realized I would be a soil nerd, but its pretty cool that this hobby has opened up another unexpected interest!

Last edited:
Day 69/48/21/7
Pruned off the first node from Blackstrap #2 (and started ponytailing) and did the same (minus the tieup) for the Voodoo 3x pot.
20221106_213939.jpg

20221106_213927.jpg

Blackstrap and Stonefruit are both showing some sort of deficiency or stress, but are still flowering fine i think. Wondering if SF isn't maybe a little hungry. SF has a light scent of granny Smith apples and a decent amount of frost already. BS I think may just be light burn from before I rearranged the tents.
20221106_214110.jpg
20221106_214120.jpg

No news on CDLC and Samsquanch, just playing the "two more weeks" game

Back