New Grower Hog's First Perpetual Garden

My First Photoperiod Grow, what strain(s)? I've got room for 2 plants, what do yall think?

• CSI Humboldt: Purple Hindu Kush x Chemdog D

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Twenty20 Mendocino: Avenue of the Giants

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Humboldt Seed Co: Pineapple Muffin

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Headband x Bubblegum

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • CSI Humboldt: Gorilla Glue x Headband

• CSI Humboldt: Chemdog D S1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ace Seeds: Zamadelica x Kali China

• CSi Humboldt: Big Bad Wolf 2.0 (Chem 91 x Chem D

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Obama Care (Chem D x Obama Kush)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • CSI Humboldt: Chem # 1 x GG4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirates of the Emeral Triangle: Pine Tar Kush

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Day 59/38/11
20221027_202101.jpg

Sorry to hear about the broken top. Glad its recovering well. How do you like the EB jrs? I just ordered a regular earth box and Im excited to try a SIP and get back to my living soil grows....cause Im lazy :haha:
I'm liking Jrs better than the Regulars. Jrs get the wicking relationship quickly established. With Regulars, you need to plant to one end or the other, where the wicking areas are in regulars. The key is to start adding water to the rez only after the seedling is well established and roots well-developed. When you fill the EB with your media, pack the wicking area well and have the media at the proper moisture level. Go ahead and add your food bank to the top and leave and area open to plant your seed and wet it down a bit and install the cover. Just cut a big cross where you're gonna plant your seed. This will get all your top dressings breakng down and you won't need to pull off the cover until early flower.
Water the seedling like it's in a regular pot, but on the regular, add water to the wicking area closest to the plant. This will encourage that relationship.
I start filling the rez on jrs around 14 days above ground and start with a quart. I like to not have water sitting for over 5-7 days before taken up. Always have a short dry rez period, 12-24hrs is fine.
Regulars are a bit more tricky, but it's just a little more time. Watering the wicking area on the end the girl is planted is key. Depending on the girl, you should be able to add water between 14-21 days and I start with a quart.
This is for autos. You can slow your girl if you add water too soon. Once you plant that little auto seed, that time clock starts. I stalled one in a regular in this grow. It was a center-planted girl, the first time I've done that. The other reg was planted a week later and I delayed her rez watering. She's in better condition and just beginning early flower. The other has been flowering for about 10 days or so. Early flowering caused by the slowing. If EB would only add a center wicking area, Regulars would really rock for autos.
Really, Regular EBs should be used for known big girls or outdoors. After this run, that's how I'll use the Regs. My Jrs are gonna be plenty big! Check my current grow for more info
All tents......... https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...hlg-diablo-650r-and-various-fire-girls.89097/

I'm liking Jrs better than the Regulars. Jrs get the wicking relationship quickly established. With Regulars, you need to plant to one end or the other, where the wicking areas are in regulars. The key is to start adding water to the rez only after the seedling is well established and roots well-developed. When you fill the EB with your media, pack the wicking area well and have the media at the proper moisture level. Go ahead and add your food bank to the top and leave and area open to plant your seed and wet it down a bit and install the cover. Just cut a big cross where you're gonna plant your seed. This will get all your top dressings breakng down and you won't need to pull off the cover until early flower.
Water the seedling like it's in a regular pot, but on the regular, add water to the wicking area closest to the plant. This will encourage that relationship.
I start filling the rez on jrs around 14 days above ground and start with a quart. I like to not have water sitting for over 5-7 days before taken up. Always have a short dry rez period, 12-24hrs is fine.
Regulars are a bit more tricky, but it's just a little more time. Watering the wicking area on the end the girl is planted is key. Depending on the girl, you should be able to add water between 14-21 days and I start with a quart.
This is for autos. You can slow your girl if you add water too soon. Once you plant that little auto seed, that time clock starts. I stalled one in a regular in this grow. It was a center-planted girl, the first time I've done that. The other reg was planted a week later and I delayed her rez watering. She's in better condition and just beginning early flower. The other has been flowering for about 10 days or so. Early flowering caused by the slowing. If EB would only add a center wicking area, Regulars would really rock for autos.
Really, Regular EBs should be used for known big girls or outdoors. After this run, that's how I'll use the Regs. My Jrs are gonna be plenty big! Check my current grow for more info
All tents......... https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...hlg-diablo-650r-and-various-fire-girls.89097/
I definitely filled my reservoir way too soon with my first two EBjr girls. Definitely obvious from their size and structure that the root system hadn't spread enough throughout the medium before it hooked up to the reservoir. I've got another Blackstrap about 15 days old in a Jr, think I'll top dress tonight top water in and then when it needs water next ill put a quart in the res. Really appreciate the advice!

Last edited:
Day 62/41/14
20221030_232346.jpg

20221030_232401.jpg

20221030_232336.jpg

Trying a different setup. Since CDLC and Sam OG are staying small and short I figured I could fit them under the SP150 to finish flower. That lets me back the light off Stonefruit and Blackstrap to more ideal levels. I'll watch how the youngsters respond to the light distance. Hopefully it works and I can give every plant a more ideal environment, but time will tell. Thanks for following along!

Last edited:
I definitely filled my reservoir way too soon with my first two EBjr girls. Definitely obviousness their size and structure that the root system hadn't spread enough throughout the medium before it hooked up to the reservoir. I've got another Blackstrap about 15 days old in a Jr, think I'll top dress tonight top water in and then when it needs water next ill put a quart in the res. Really appreciate the advice!
It's a learning experience, man. All my 6 Jrs hit it just right and it's very satisfying. In my case, it opens a new can of worms of sorts. 3 fully packed my 2x4 tent and continuing to rage! LOL!

It's a learning experience, man. All my 6 Jrs hit it just right and it's very satisfying. In my case, it opens a new can of worms of sorts. 3 fully packed my 2x4 tent and continuing to rage! LOL!
I'm definitely learning a lot each day with this venture. Worse problems to have than a jam packed tent! One reason I'm enjoying the perpetual grow and starting a plant or two every 2-3 weeks is: when I learn a lesson with one plant I've got a plants right behind them where I can apply what I've learned.

View attachment 1533114
View attachment 1533115
View attachment 1533117
Trying a different setup. Since CDLC and Sam OG are staying small and short I figured I could fit them under the SP150 to finish flower. That lets me back the light off Stonefruit and Blackstrap to more ideal levels. I'll watch how the youngsters respond to the light distance. Hopefully it works and I can give every plant a more ideal environment, but time will tell. Thanks for following along!
Looks like this was the right move! The 4 big girls are all happier. And the little ones seem fine with the switch. Wish I would've done this 10 days ago when I first thought of it, lol.

Back