Outdoor Hillbilly Rig-A New Adventure

Can’t decide whether to let this ride out and hope it normalizes or pluck it and start over
:shrug:
2 anomalies
1 only 1 leaf
2 the first leaf is below the Cotyledons
@Twenty20 Adam have you ever seen this on Honey Glaze?
IMG_9529.jpeg

Can’t decide whether to let this ride out and hope it normalizes or pluck it and start over
:shrug:
2 anomalies
1 only 1 leaf
2 the first leaf is below the Cotyledons
@Twenty20 Adam have you ever seen this on Honey Glaze?
View attachment 1698149
That second anomaly is the head scratcher! Let it ride for a few days and see what it does. If nothing, just to see what the hell it looks like!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

After all, your grows are for fun and to see what you can do. :headbang::pass:

That second anomaly is the head scratcher! Let it ride for a few days and see what it does. If nothing, just to see what the hell it looks like!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

After all, your grows are for fun and to see what you can do. :headbang::pass:
Totally agree. Decided to let it ride and I planted another seed this morning to hedge my bets. Thanks @WildBill!

Hey mate, good to see you tackling a photoperiod plant. The good thing is, you can easily pot that girl up when you need to. Also you can keep her in veg as long as you want. So when you reckon she's big enough, flip to flower and you're good. Watch out for the early flower stretch though (around 2-3 weeks), depending on the strain they can double in height.

One thing I like to do with photos is top them, then they don't get so tall and bush out a bit. More colas, more flower.

Look forward to seeing how it goes!

Hey mate, good to see you tackling a photoperiod plant. The good thing is, you can easily pot that girl up when you need to. Also you can keep her in veg as long as you want. So when you reckon she's big enough, flip to flower and you're good. Watch out for the early flower stretch though (around 2-3 weeks), depending on the strain they can double in height.

One thing I like to do with photos is top them, then they don't get so tall and bush out a bit. More colas, more flower.

Look forward to seeing how it goes!
I appreciate that info and guidance. I’m flying blind with photos/fast photos and I need all the help I can get!
I don’t want or need it to get big so I think I’m going to flip it to 12/12 early. Are there any issues I need to consider doing that?

I appreciate that info and guidance. I’m flying blind with photos/fast photos and I need all the help I can get!
I don’t want or need it to get big so I think I’m going to flip it to 12/12 early. Are there any issues I need to consider doing that?
Nope not at all!

Well the other thing is, that photoperiod plants tend to be heavier feeders than autos, though it depends on the strain. Also, how much headroom have you got in your grow space? Maybe look to flip to 12/12 when the girl is about halfway to your ceiling? Just in case she stretches a lot...

@WildBill Oh I forgot to mention that with photoperiods, when they're vegging, there's no fixed timescale. You can veg as long as you want. Also you can cut the girls back if they get too big. This is often useful for yield too, as you get multiple colas flowering when you flip.

Well the other thing is, that photoperiod plants tend to be heavier feeders than autos, though it depends on the strain. Also, how much headroom have you got in your grow space? Maybe look to flip to 12/12 when the girl is about halfway to your ceiling? Just in case she stretches a lot...
That really helps. Should I go recommend strength on the feeding?
I’m planning on keeping it outside after flipping. Right now I’m leaving it out during sunlight. Letting it sit out in the dark for a few hours and putting it in the hillbilly rig under the light until morning.
Thank you!

Back