New Grower Hey Ho, Let's Grow! LEDs/Autopots

Everybody looks go healthy! Nice growing ND! Love the coloring.

Still some yellow leaves from the lightburn but they’ve mostly greened up nicely. I’m enjoying the sight of baby buds all over my tent.

For being an older model, my Marshydro light does pretty well. I really wish I could afford their 300w COBs. (@MarshydroTina Any sales coming up?) Those things look awesome, but I would need 4 of them and they’re twice the cost of cobshop.net pendulums. Not even sure if I can afford those. I could also just buy another Marshydro Reflector, like I have and use two of them, but I really want to upgrade the lighting a bit.

As you can see, I have lighting on my mind. I have the money for my 4x8 tent, but now I have to light it up. Was thinking I’d use my Marshydro and supplement with COB, so I’m shopping. Any input anyone may have is welcome.

The bud leaves on my early plant continue to turn purple. It’s very pretty. I’m thinking it’s the Marshydro causing that effect because it really doesn’t get very much colder in the tent at night, since I have the lights on 24.

60601375-CCD8-4555-BFE3-C6F7EDF1D154.jpeg
4CC96EC2-460D-4108-9D74-9BCD74E0BCE9.jpeg
693C086A-64BB-43B2-9F24-5D7F9BBA5815.jpeg
34168F14-7311-4942-A9C7-871F64C8256C.jpeg
59372356-02A8-43DD-A69F-65A835848A5E.jpeg
9FDB5B3F-EB00-4C49-80A0-CB5F7646B789.jpeg
572D05FB-F958-4473-BC30-14FF214A3695.jpeg
49ACF9B9-7915-4E69-905A-FB13894B8D4C.jpeg
70D7353D-8FFB-4474-9A43-14FDCD80CD13.jpeg

Still some yellow leaves from the lightburn but they’ve mostly greened up nicely. I’m enjoying the sight of baby buds all over my tent.

For being an older model, my Marshydro light does pretty well. I really wish I could afford their 300w COBs. (@MarshydroTina Any sales coming up?) Those things look awesome, but I would need 4 of them and they’re twice the cost of cobshop.net pendulums. Not even sure if I can afford those. I could also just buy another Marshydro Reflector, like I have and use two of them, but I really want to upgrade the lighting a bit.

As you can see, I have lighting on my mind. I have the money for my 4x8 tent, but now I have to light it up. Was thinking I’d use my Marshydro and supplement with COB, so I’m shopping. Any input anyone may have is welcome.

The bud leaves on my early plant continue to turn purple. It’s very pretty. I’m thinking it’s the Marshydro causing that effect because it really doesn’t get very much colder in the tent at night, since I have the lights on 24.

View attachment 1009452 View attachment 1009453 View attachment 1009454 View attachment 1009455 View attachment 1009456 View attachment 1009457 View attachment 1009458 View attachment 1009459 View attachment 1009460
Man, there are many options out there. After extensive research and a lot of experimentation with lighting. I am not convinced cob lights are better for the plant. They are cheaper, they use less energy, and you don't need special glasses when working on plants, and that is because the spectrum is different...and it's not better, it's worse. No UVA or UVB which improves terpene and resin production, no deep red and IR lights doesn't give plants full support for growth and stability.

I had a friend in Canada who grew the most dank buds with only Mars reflectors and Meizi reflector series lights. He had like twenty of the things going. He then completely retooled his operation with cobs. He said the weed wasn't as good, weaker, less flavor than before and his customers were not happy. He sold all those lights after just two grows, and then bought coblights with supplemental added UV and IR. The version he got was called electric sky. They are pricey, but awesome lights.

I then proceeded to do an experiment of my own. I am seeing the same things. I used to grow with hps. My buds were so dank, the. I switched to cobs, and tbh I am not impressed at all. Thank god, I already knew this and supplemented with a reflector series with UV and IR. That light grows the best weed and it cost 80$ man. It was from a company called Bestva. It was their 600w reflector series, that runs about 125w from the wall and has both bloom and veg switches. Super quality to for cheap.

If I were you, I would contact Tina at @MarshydroTina amd get yourself another 300w like you have now and your ladies will do just fine. Sometimes progress isn't always linear man. They are not bad lights, the cobs, and they grow big buds, but the quality of the buds is weak at best IMO. Cobs work if you add the UV and the IR, but why, why wouldn't you just get a light that already has it.

If budget is really that important, get another Mars 300. They work great.

To be clear, the future is cobs, but they must supplement and get a better spectrum moving forward.

Man, there are many options out there. After extensive research and a lot of experimentation with lighting. I am not convinced cob lights are better for the plant. They are cheaper, they use less energy, and you don't need special glasses when working on plants, and that is because the spectrum is different...and it's not better, it's worse. No UVA or UVB which improves terpene and resin production, no deep red and IR lights doesn't give plants full support for growth and stability.

I had a friend in Canada who grew the most dank buds with only Mars reflectors and Meizi reflector series lights. He had like twenty of the things going. He then completely retooled his operation with cobs. He said the weed wasn't as good, weaker, less flavor than before and his customers were not happy. He sold all those lights after just two grows, and then bought coblights with supplemental added UV and IR. The version he got was called electric sky. They are pricey, but awesome lights.

I then proceeded to do an experiment of my own. I am seeing the same things. I used to grow with hps. My buds were so dank, the. I switched to cobs, and tbh I am not impressed at all. Thank god, I already knew this and supplemented with a reflector series with UV and IR. That light grows the best weed and it cost 80$ man. It was from a company called Bestva. It was their 600w reflector series, that runs about 125w from the wall and has both bloom and veg switches. Super quality to for cheap.

If I were you, I would contact Tina at @MarshydroTina amd get yourself another 300w like you have now and your ladies will do just fine. Sometimes progress isn't always linear man. They are not bad lights, the cobs, and they grow big buds, but the quality of the buds is weak at best IMO. Cobs work if you add the UV and the IR, but why, why wouldn't you just get a light that already has it.

If budget is really that important, get another Mars 300. They work great.
Thanks for the advice. I’m leaning towards Marshydro. I’d feel better buying from that company than from some off brand on Amazon. Too many reviews of lights that stop working or burn hot and the companies not honoring warranties.

Wow ND they are rocking that tent. It looks crazy out of control in there — one of my favorite parts of the grow.
Yes! This strain is much taller than my Tangerine Dream was. I did more training this time also. You had a hand in that - encouraged me to bend branches! Thanks!

Yes! This strain is much taller than my Tangerine Dream was. I did more training this time also. You had a hand in that - encouraged me to bend branches! Thanks!
Haha I forgot about that! Glad it worked out for them. It’s amazing what these plants can take.

Back